Roxanne Modafferi reflects

Well I am heartbroken about this.

Not that she lost. That happens to everyone. It is that she lost because Murphey was so much stronger than her. She has worked so hard to increase her strength so for her to lose because of the exact thing she was working on must be horrible for her. 

We were talking about it on our show and Ryan pointed out that despite her increase in strength that she looked a whole weight clas s smaller than Murphey.  At 37 I am not sure if she would be able to drop down a weight clas s but it sure seems like she is always fighting people much larger than her. 

Seeing her with the new striking and clearly better conditioning at that stage of her career blew me away. I thought maybe the sport had left her behind at one point but I’m really happy to be wrong.

1 Like

I think Roxy had a good run and should hang up the gloves....

We love you Roxy! You are a true legend!

2 Likes
Doomsday -

We love you Roxy! You are a true legend!

+1 agreed

Legend. Future hall of famer if you ask me. And to be honest should get a job at the UFC when she finishes up. What better girl to talk to up and coming girls - make sure everyone is ok and ready come fight time etc...

READ IT AGAIN : LEGEND!

Sabaki -

Legend. Future hall of famer if you ask me. And to be honest should get a job at the UFC when she finishes up. What better girl to talk to up and coming girls - make sure everyone is ok and ready come fight time etc...

READ IT AGAIN : LEGEND!

I talked about this on the show, I said they should hire to work in Japan since she has lived there before and speaks Japanese. 

Roxy,

You got your striking together and strength, now you must get your wrestling down.

You’ve had more time on the mat wrestling than most high school wrestler.

There is no excuse not to have a better wrestling game after all of these years.

Upper body, lower body, trips, sweeps…

Your wrestling to BJJ should be 60/40 now or 70/30.

We love you but please!!!