Roxanne Modafferi talks Nov. 7 against Coenen

Fate has a funny way of playing with you. Erin Toughill was all set to take on Marloes Coenen until she suddenly pulled out of the fight on Wednesday due to “medical reasons” according to MMA Weekly. Enter 13-4-0 Delaware Native, Roxanne Modafferi, a fighter patiently waiting to put the fingerless gloves back on.

Roxanne, whose current home is Japan, has not had a fight since Nov 8, 2008 in GCM – Valkyrie, which was a win over Chisa Yonezawa, and has been dying to get back in the ring since then. She has recently made some changes in her life as well, leaving Wajyutsu Keisyukai less than a month ago and joining the AACC. The last thing she expected to get after those changes was a fight, especially a fight in one of the top US companies, Strikeforce. The Fight Nerd had a chance to catch her this evening (or this morning if you live in Japan) to get her quick thoughts on the fight and what’s going on in the life of Roxy.

Fight Nerd: Tell us how this fight came about so last minute?

Roxanne: My manager called me at 3 AM and asked, “Will you fight Coenen Nov 7th?” Groggily, I answered, “Uh yeah, sure!” Erin Toughill pulled out at the last minute. I’m glad to have the opportunity, but I know she’s been trying for this opportunity as well, so I hope she gets to fight for Strikeforce soon, as well.

Fight Nerd: What weight class will this be fought under? Are you ready to fight at that weight?

Roxanne: It will be at 145 lbs. Which is funny because I have been trying to unsuccessfully diet for months now. It turned out to be a good thing to be a little heavier than my usual fight-weight. I’m ready for anything!

Fight Nerd: What do you think of your opponent, Marloes Coenen, especially since you fought before in the K-Grace tournament that saw you pick up the win?

You can check out the full  interview here www.thefightnerd.com/modafferi-talks-strikeforce/

Wow first it was Cyborg vs. Coenen then Toughill vs. Coenen and now Coenen vs Modafferi. 

Hope Roxy wins!

I'll be there...

I'm happy that they got Coenen back on the card!

Get her Rox!

I know ^^;; you forgot before that, "Marloes, congrats, Elite EX wants to sign you!" Oh btw there is no longer Elite EX..

Rox19 - I know ^^;; you forgot before that, "Marloes, congrats, Elite EX wants to sign you!" Oh btw there is no longer Elite EX..

Actually Roxy weren't you trying to fight Cris on that XMMA card in Canada?

Awesome. GL Roxanne!

WAR ROXU!!!

Rox!!!!!!!!

TTT to make this fight on televised main card on CBS

TTT for CBS!

Good luck Rox. Go get 'em :)

Team Modafferi!

TTT

this Strikeforce will be live streamed for free on the web for us Japanese !

Good luck with the fight Roxy!

Thank you! :D

TTT

Why Coenen/Modafferi at Strikeforce on CBS matters to the women’s divisions

by Keith Mills (adcombat.com)
http://www.adcombat.com/news/2009-10-31/why-coenenmodafferi-strikeforce-cbs-matters-womens-divisions

Tara got bombed in that pic
=O

koolpaw - TTT

Why Coenen/Modafferi at Strikeforce on CBS matters to the women’s divisions

by Keith Mills (adcombat.com)

http://www.adcombat.com/news/2009-10-31/why-coenenmodafferi-strikeforce-cbs-matters-womens-divisions

Tara got bombed in that pic

=O
www.adcombat.com/news/2009-10-31/why-coenenmodafferi-strikeforce-cbs-matters-womens-divisions

native son - this fight NEEDS to be televised

we still haven't seen cyborg/yoko fight for crying out loud which reportedly was the fight of the night

I REALLY wanna see the Yoko fight!!!

People are spelling my name right, yay.

btw I did fight in the Abu Dhabi....the first year for women, 2001.

I got armbarred by Leka Vierra in 2 minutes. BUT I TRIED.