Roy Harris BJJ Seminar in CT - 8/15 & 8/16

EDITED FOR TIME CHANGE ON SUNDAY

Mr. Roy Harris returns to the Modern Self-Defense Center for his annual training opportunity:

Roy Harris Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Grappling Seminar

Passing the Guard: A New Method of Presentation

Saturday, August 15th and Sunday, August 16th 2009

Noon – 3:00 PM SATURDAY

10:00am - 1:00pm SUNDAY

Middletown, CT

The Training:

Mr. Roy Harris is sought worldwide for his richly detailed and uniquely presented Martial Arts seminars. In this seminar, he will share his new method of presentation and training for Passing the Guard - the single most complex topic in all grappling and groundfighting arts. This seminar will be "no-gi".

The Instructor:

Mr. Roy Harris is a pioneer in the American BJJ community. As a 4th degree black belt, he is the highest ranked American in the style, and he was the first practitioner to answer technical questions on the Internet in the mid 1990's. Known for his thoroughly detailed and organized instructional DVDs, Mr. Harris is sought worldwide for his instruction.

The Facility:

This seminar is being held at the Modern Self-Defense Center, a 7,000 square foot training facility in Middletown, Connecticut. Since 2002, MSDC has offered high level Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, Boxe Francaise Savate Kickboxing, Jeet Kune Do, and more. MSDC's facility is fully stocked with mats, thai style heavy bags, free weights, stability training equipment, pullup bars, climbing ropes, gymnastic rings, boxing gloves, mitts, sticks, knives, a boxing ring, a wooden dummy, and much, much more!  (Also coming soon:  Crossfit and Parkour!)

• Before 8.1.2009 - $70 for one day, $120 for both days

• 8.1.2009 and after - $90 for one day, $150 for both days

To register: Send fees & contact information to Chris Wright-Martell at:

Modern Self-Defense Center

180 Johnson Street

Middletown, CT 06457 

OR visit modernselfdefense.com to register immediately and pay via paypal.

For those of you who have read Mr. Harris describe some of his passing methods, this is your opportunity!  If you want to finally SEE "one simple movement to shut down the x-guard" or rubber guard or cross guard or de la riva guard, well, this is your chance! 

I hope to see you there,

~Chris

ttt

I cant wait for this event!!!

-Ante

ttt

TTT

I just edited the top for a time change on Sunday.

Mr. Harris needs to be in L.A. by Monday morning, so Sunday's time is now 2 hours earlier.

Thanks for the ttt's. One week until he arrives!!! :)

He is in town and playing golf. Belt tests tomorrow, seminar on Saturday and Sunday!

At lunch yesterday, he said "Man, you guys are going to enjoy the material this weekend. The new approach takes some getting used to, but once you do...passing the guard becomes really easy."

Having seen his new training method for side mount escapes (last february) and mount escapes (last june), and having seen the effects that had at his academy (everyone now struggles to hold people down from the side and mount), I know he's not just blowing smoke. And I know he's been teaching this new method of passing to his students all year, so he's been testing this stuff out for a few months by giving it to them.

With that said, I will report back this weekend to discuss it. :) :)

Phenomenal seminar, as always!!

Many lightbulbs went off, little gems were acquired, and my conceptual understanding of guard passing just jumped up another level.  Now time to do some drills and put things into action...... 

:0)

Thank you to Chris for hosting this, and to Mr. Harris for sharing yet another piece of his "A-game" material.  I for one am hugely appreciative of you both!!

Adam LaClair