Roy Nelson announces retirement?

"Licking my wounds" just means he's going to heal up. Last part has to be a typo.

I thought the same thing, however, when he was removing his gloves.

LogProducer - the way he stuck around in the ring after the decision and started taking off his shitty, Chinese made ufc gloves that no one should purchase, made me think he was retiring last night.

I honestly thought he was too but then he didn't say anything and I was waiting for the camera shot of his gloves to be on the mat. Phone Post 3.0

I wish he would retire at weighing 261 pounds. I'm not saying he should drop to LHW (although he has more than extra pounds of adipose on him), but if he would trim up a bit, it would immensely help his speed, mobility, and stamina. He always says he wants a title, but it doesn't seem like he is willing to make the changes to make that a realistic goal.

I said to my gf when we were watching last night that when Roy was taking off his gloves when he went over by Barnett, it looked like he wanted to say something, and I told her it was weird for a fighter to take his gloves off like that in the cage unless he was planning on leaving them there and retiring.

Hope not. What a warrior. Phone Post 3.0

Dick Niaz - I wish he would retire at weighing 261 pounds. I'm not saying he should drop to LHW (although he has more than extra pounds of adipose on him), but if he would trim up a bit, it would immensely help his speed, mobility, and stamina. He always says he wants a title, but it doesn't seem like he is willing to make the changes to make that a realistic goal.

This.

He is a terrific fighter but he has no cardio.

It's so annoying when Joe says he does. He is consistently gassed within 3 minutes in every single fight. He just has the heart to hang on, which is a blessing and a curse.

"Heading home to lick my wounds, always improving, Thanks for the support. I Wild each It that meets they're naked."

Dick Niaz - I wish he would retire at weighing 261 pounds. I'm not saying he should drop to LHW (although he has more than extra pounds of adipose on him), but if he would trim up a bit, it would immensely help his speed, mobility, and stamina. He always says he wants a title, but it doesn't seem like he is willing to make the changes to make that a realistic goal.
100% agree. Phone Post 3.0

Ive grown to enjoy watching roy fight but that dudes brain is gonna be fucking mush in a few years. Him and maldonados idea of defense is blocking punches with their face. No joke...roy leans into 90% of the shots that come his way. Hope the guy lives a good life and retires. Phone Post 3.0

Has he mentioned in any interviews Phone Post 3.0

Molsonmuscle360 - 

I said to my gf when we were watching last night that when Roy was taking off his gloves when he went over by Barnett, it looked like he wanted to say something, and I told her it was weird for a fighter to take his gloves off like that in the cage unless he was planning on leaving them there and retiring.

Maybe the nice things Barnett said about him swayed Roy to stick with it at the last minute.?.

Watching that fight last night hurt me, Roy has heart and chin like no other, seeing him get constantly pushed up against the cage and elbowed/kneed/uppercutted was brutal. The guy has too much heart for his own good. Reminded me of Miocic vs Hunt but without the finish Phone Post 3.0

RampageFitsLikeAGlove - 

Wonder what he gets paid for a fight like last night.  Honestly, to travel to Japan and put on a 25 minute fight like that, and as long as he's been around, he should get no less than $500K.  Doubt he made that much though.

Take a zero off that figure and he probably didn't even get paid that much unfortunately.

Dont worry, he just hired Charlesbarkley to work his social media accounts