Roy Nelsons reason for not looking like a fighter:

161 Conference Call

14:14

Quote:
"People in our sport tend to abuse PEDs so that's the reason I probably don't look like the typical UFC fighter."

AshDoherty -
14:14

Quote:
"People in our sport tend to abuse PEDs so that's the reason I probably don't look like the typical UFC fighter."

Lol Phone Post

Average joes that work out and eat healthy look better than Roy. Phone Post 3.0

What a fuckin joke of a statement.

I didn't listen to the video but if that's his main reason, he's either lost his mind or is trolling.

Is love to see what his diet looks like. I'm guessing its not that clean. Phone Post 3.0

The naivity in this thread is strong. Phone Post 3.0

OP you are ate for oats. Another thread was first:

"Rampant across the board illegal PED use claimed"
http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/mma.cfm?go=forum.posts&thread=2183821&forum=1&page=1&pc=10

"by yet another UFC fighter. On the con call yesterday Roy said "People in our sport tend to abuse PEDs so that's the reason I probably don't look like the typical UFC fighter."

Below are numerous other sourced claims of various fighters who state that from "near 100 to 85% of the UFC" use illegal PED's. I'm sure I missed more than a few others as well."

Roy fan for life. I love the way he fights. When I met him, I told him that the Arlovski standup was bullshit. He had no excuses and said it was a fair loss. He seems to say this stuff because he likes having Dana hate him. I can dig it. Phone Post 3.0

Jsteven - Average joes that work out and eat healthy look better than Roy. Phone Post 3.0

Agreed.

For someone who works out as much as he does and is at at such an athletically high level, Roy looks like garbage.

I love the guy, but he could do with sorting himself out.

He's telling the truth so why are people mad exactly? Phone Post

Damn Roy on peds would be a beast Phone Post 3.0

MarkRobinson - What a fuckin joke of a statement.

I didn't listen to the video but if that's his main reason, he's either lost his mind or is trolling.

Is love to see what his diet looks like. I'm guessing its not that clean. Phone Post 3.0
Roy's troll successful. Phone Post 3.0

Lol at least I can say that I look like a steroid abuser. All 5'10" 170lbs of that anabolic mass I carry around. Phone Post 3.0

UGSlapshot - 

He's telling the truth so why are people mad exactly? Phone Post

Because he's making excuses for why he doesn't work out harder and eat healthier. Having some flab doesn't automatically clear you as clean either since Timmay and Josh were both soft around the middle and got popped.
If someone like Cain made that claim it would seem alot more valid since he's not really jacked looking but obviously he works out hard. Roy is lucky he has that chin because he gasses out in longer fights and only has the one big weapon standing without good enough wrestling to use his BJJ on anyone decent.

Zed Wayne Zed - 
Jsteven - Average joes that work out and eat healthy look better than Roy. Phone Post 3.0

What you say is true.

Although, if Roy got to them, there'd be a pile of out-cold average joes with pretty okay bods.

No doubt about it, and there are a shit ton of fuys on PED's, but that isnt the reason Roy doesnt look like the typical UFC fighter.

ShaqNoob - 
MarkRobinson - What a fuckin joke of a statement.

Roy's troll successful. Phone Post 3.0

No kidding. There are few people that are more obvious than Roy is about his trolling. I think he has literally said "I like making Dana mad". He also constantly jokes about his appearance.

Wow.. This thread is filled with closeted homosexuality. Phone Post 3.0

I'm not sure if it was until just a moment ago.

;)

Roy would be so much better in MMA if he changed his diet and got rid of the beer belly.

So Dana and the UFC brass don't like his physique because even his heavily bearded face is barely marketable, but his overall skill set is incredible.

Roy's gotta get passed these self esteem issues that are blocking him from achieving his full potential.