Royce in UFC Japan!?!

Dana just said that they would not alter any rules at UFC Japan so that they can keep a good relationship with NSAC.

I have to think that the UFC will play by Nevada's rules no matter where they hold their show.

NSAC might not be able to stop the UFC from having a special rules fight overseas, but they can certainly make things difficult for Zuffa when the UFC comes back to the states.

Also, even if the UFC is willing to chance it, Royce will probably do what he usually does when he's offered a fight- he will price himself right out of it.

I seriously doubt that Royce will ever come back to the UFC.

"he said the show is on the 19th, when its on the 12th... " = typo

PrideGP1 is sooooooo correct. I was thinking Kikuta when I opened this thread. I think that Kikuta would maul him or lay on him. Sometimes Kikuta is boring as shit.

BoxingInsider.com: That said, when do you think you’ll be back in the ring working on that win streak?

Ken Shamrock: I’m trying to put something together for December.

BoxingInsider.com: Are you going to be physically ready for that?

Ken Shamrock: Yeah, absolutely, I’ll be ready. I’m pretty good at healing fast. I knew what my knee did; I was back in the ring fighting in 8 months. The shoulder is going to be no different.

I have real trouble believing the UFC could make an offer comparable to what Royce would be making on one of the big New Year's Eve shows.

At the most, they might concede the Gi and label it an "exhibition bout" with the NSAC's approval. There is no possible way they would ever drop judging or insert kidney strikes.

The UFC has been "in negotiations" with Royce off-and-on for the past ten years. He doesn't mind talking. Rarely does it lead anywhere.

Ken Shamrock Calls Royce Gracie a 'Chicken'
Reported By: Boxing Insider - 09.08.2003 02:17 AM

Ken Shamrock to Royce Gracie: You Chicken!

Ken Shamrock responds to Gracie’s ’s claim 'he’s done'

By Chris Colderley

Ken Shamrock earned his reputation as "the world’s most dangerous man" fighting in the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC). But, as a former professional wrestling Champion, Shamrock may also be the most marketable fighter in the UFC. His grudge match with Tito Ortiz on 22 November 2002 drew the largest audience for an event since the UFC returned to cable TV. Shamrock has been sidelined since his fight with Tito Ortiz because of a lingering ACL injury, but he is confident in his return.

Last month when Boxing Insider spoke to Royce Gracie, he said Ken Shamrock "is done." Chris Colderley spoke to Ken Shamrock last week to get his response to Gracie’s claim that he’s done as fighter. Here is an excerpt from that discussion.

Photo: Zuffa LLC/UFC.tv

BoxingInsider.com: I spoke to Royce Gracie mid-way through August. I asked him to give me thoughts on some fighters, and I mentioned your name. He said, "Oh, he’s done. Sorry, after that beating by Don Frye and Tito Ortiz, I don’t think he’s coming back. He’s done."

Ken Shamrock: Who said this?

BoxingInsider.com: Royce Gracie.

Ken Shamrock: Well, end quote! Tell Royce Gracie he can beat on me if he’d like. I’d lose weight to fight him.

If he thinks he’s got the right to say something when he hasn’t stepped in the ring in I don’t know how many years - and when he did, he lost . . . By the way, I’m not done!

I think people that know me, know that I’ve had some problems and that I’m getting those worked out and fixed. When I do come back we’ll see.

BoxingInsider.com: What do think it would take to get a fight between you and Gracie?

Ken Shamrock: An act of God. Royce Gracie’s a chicken! He won’t fight me.

BoxingInsider.com: Would you concede to any special rules for that Ken?

Ken Shamrock: We could have no rules - Whatever he wants, as long as he doesn’t make me drop down to 180 pounds - 190 pounds. I’ll meet him halfway. If he goes up weight, I’ll go down weight.

"I think Ken would knock Royce out standing. " Alot of people think this even though it is WAY wrong. Royce has been spending alot of time working on his stand up... here is a quote from a recient interview...

Gus: First of all I would like to thank you for this exclusive interview. Everybody knows that you are a Jujitsu expert. Is there any other martial art that you like?

Royce: I also train in kickboxing, about 3 times a week and I already have a black belt in karate.

Gus: Do you use weights in your training?

Royce: Yes, I train with weights about 3 times a week.

I think Royce is gonna suprise alot of folks...

I'd love to see him fight at 185!!

He could still give the guys at 185 a good fight IMHO.

royce can't fight ken in the UFC due to the weight class restrictions. he can fight pat miletich or many others though.

Well, Ken has been cutting weight like crazy lately and he has agrred to fight at 180... plus, Japan dosen't have the weight class restrictions that the NSAC enforces...

"he juiced up better most people know how,"

Huh?

Your a dumbass!

Ken was tested for gear after the Kimo fight, he passed...

ttt

KiriK I concur. Everytime I try to talk to someone about the UFC to this day the only name they know about is Royce and I just smile and go so you know what I am talking about. I think that a return makes sense money wise and him against Ken.

Tell me how that ends up, who wants to see that?

Ken VS Royce 3 is the biggest possible match up any MMA organization can put on.

Regards,

The Baron.

" who wants to see that?" Me

Just this weekend my neighbor (regular joe who doesn't train or follow MMA closely) asked me if he could borrow some fight tapes to watch since everyone was stuck inside due to Hurricane Frances. I asked him if he wanted to see the Best of the UFC, he said "No, I wan't to see the best of Gracie" (He meant Royce).

Genki Sudo challenged Royce after the Royler fight, this would be a good one for the UFC I think.

It looks like Genki might be fighting Bang Ludwig...