royce in UFC1 instead of rickson story

sorry i don't have the story but need to know.

was rickson pissed that rorion picked royce in ufc1 instead of rickson?

or was it the time rorion and rickson didn't get along for whatever reason therefore rickson started his rickson jiujitsu? with this said rorion picked royce instead.

don't give me the story of rorion picked royce because of his weight and height to show case GJJ

i wanna know how Rickson felt he didn't get picked.

They tried to reach rickson but he was out in a river fighting the stream and didnt hear his phone ring

IIRC Rickson was the original pick but an agreement could not be reached due to money and control, etc. so they went with Royce instead.

Soup and Beer -

IIRC Rickson was the original pick but an agreement could not be reached due to money and control, etc. so they went with Royce instead.

The interview I saw with Rorion said Rickson was taking care of business in Japan and it was decided Royce would represent the family in America. You can find most of Rorion's comments about picking Royce on YouTube. Phone Post 3.0

Rickson didn't vibe with all of Rorion's contractual issues (including money) Phone Post 3.0

I've always heard that Rickson was pissed, and that he complained that he had "trained my whole life for this". But he was still there in the Gracie train to support his brother.

I thought it was because Royce was skinnier, so it would look more better for GJJ if skinny Royce beat everyone, rather than the more muscular Rickson.

Rickson would've made it look fake. He would've won so easily.

Johnny D - 
Soup and Beer -

The interview I saw with Rorion said Rickson was taking care of business in Japan and it was decided Royce would represent the family in America. You can find most of Rorion's comments about picking Royce on YouTube. Phone Post 3.0

Right, this is Rorion's side of the story.  I've read from a few sources that it was really from a failed attempt to come to an agreement with Rickson.  But I cant blame Rorion for giving that version if it's true.  There's no need to drag a family dispute into the public.

I believe Rank (Hank) Gracie was the first choice. Phone Post 3.0

Rickson vs Jimmerson is hilarious to me.

Vs Shamrock would have been cool.

Rickson would have made an example of gordeau and g n pd him for a while. Phone Post 3.0

Soup and Beer -
Johnny D - 
Soup and Beer -

Right, this is Rorion's side of the story.  I've read from a few sources that it was really from a failed attempt to come to an agreement with Rickson.  But I cant blame Rorion for giving that version if it's true.  There's no need to drag a family dispute into the public.

Relson told the contract version at the time. I believe it. Phone Post 3.0

THERE WAS A GLITCH IN THE MATRiX -
kao - sorry i don't have the story but need to know.

or was it the time rorion and rickson didn't get along for whatever reason therefore rickson started his rickson jiujitsu? with this said rorion picked royce instead.

don't give me the story of rorion picked royce because of his weight and height to show case GJJ

he didnt care at all. he was wanting literally a million dollars. rorion, Davie, & his Father even told him they dont have that and are putting in their own money to do this. he still wanted big money saying this Mike Tyson guy gets all these millions I should get at least 1 million. Helio was pissed! Rickson found people in japan willing to pay close to his price (VTJ) and he took off.

Definitely not the real reason why he wasn't chosen for the tournament. Phone Post 3.0

THERE WAS A GLITCH IN THE MATRiX - Rickson wanted to be paid big bucks to do it. Helio was actually pissed Rickson took that approach as it was supposed to be fighting for the family/honor. So Rickson went to japan where some money was to be made.

This, after a big offer was made by PRIDe

Rorion has another cover story too that he wanted a smaller less accomplished guy to prove the power of GJJ (among other stories).

Rickson thought it was much too little cash yes, but he did agree to train Royce in NHB for UFC  1, which he did. 

BTTMike - 
THERE WAS A GLITCH IN THE MATRiX -
kao - sorry i don't have the story but need to know.

he didnt care at all. he was wanting literally a million dollars. rorion, Davie, & his Father even told him they dont have that and are putting in their own money to do this. he still wanted big money saying this Mike Tyson guy gets all these millions I should get at least 1 million. Helio was pissed! Rickson found people in japan willing to pay close to his price (VTJ) and he took off.

Definitely not the real reason why he wasn't chosen for the tournament. Phone Post 3.0

Correct he actually passed UFC 1 TF up, and said no the offer, not enough cash

THERE WAS A GLITCH IN THE MATRiX - 
Lazer MMA - 
THERE WAS A GLITCH IN THE MATRiX - Rickson wanted to be paid big bucks to do it. Helio was actually pissed Rickson took that approach as it was supposed to be fighting for the family/honor. So Rickson went to japan where some money was to be made.

Rorion has another cover story too that he wanted a smaller less accomplished guy to prove the power of GJJ (among other stories).

Rickson thought it was much too little cash yes, but he did agree to train Royce in NHB for UFC  1, which he did. 

UFC tried hard to get Rickson for ufc3 & uu95, same thing, wanted too much $$$!

Makes sense of course, soon after that most all the best fighters would leave for Japan where the real money was. Rickson of cource sought out by Japan demanded the most.

Edit: Even as late as 2008 (LOL Rickson was 50), Lorenzo said he wanted Rickson. After his son passed though there NO amount of cash at all that could get him. It was over

I bought the Glover hype - 
Lazer MMA - 
THERE WAS A GLITCH IN THE MATRiX - 
Lazer MMA - 

UFC tried hard to get Rickson for ufc3 & uu95, same thing, wanted too much $$$!

Makes sense of course, soon after that most all the best fighters would leave for Japan where the real money was. Rickson of cource sought out by Japan demanded the most.

Edit: Even as late as 2008 (LOL Rickson was 50), Lorenzo said he wanted Rickson. After his son passed though there NO amount of cash at all that could get him. It was over

Japan, where he avoided Bas Rutten like the plague. Let us not forget.

Avoided troll even though you can't prove a big money offer was made even to Rickson ever that he did not take. Clown

Rickson and Rorian fell out around this time because Rorian was trying to control Rickson and his career... Rickson left and started his own school and went to fight in Japan.

Rorian took a risk on Royce...  he was never the first choice.

I wonder how Bas would have done in UFC 1.

I dont think he would have got through Shamrock... he lost twice to him.

I bought the Glover hype -  //www.youtube.com/watch?v=iX07hD_DQZw

"Can't blaim Bas for wanting a pay day, but someone needed to put up the cash. They did but not for Bas