Royce/Ken and Renzo/Frank

. . . at UFC Rio. Dana, get to work.

not a bad idea

The gracies would be down, maybe Ken too if they cleared his debt. But ain't no way franks gonna cooperate with the bully... Phone Post

UFC not NostalgiaFC Phone Post

2 fights I have ZERO interest in watching

whoabro - 2 fights I have ZERO interest in watching

Short of pointing out that I won't feel cheated if you choose to not watch, I'm not sure what to say.

Royce/Renzo - Ken/Frank

I would LOVE to see those fights.

from a nostalgia point it would be nice, but doing those two fights would be taking a big step backward for UFC.

i mean frank retired retired, and if memory serves me correctly, dana and ken fuckin HATE each other. dana wouldnt throw ken a bone.

No chance Frank comes back to the UFC. Also, didn't Ken sue the UFC or the UFC sued Ken for something?

I would rather watch these classic match ups than half of the match ups that have existed in years past. Those classic guys were fighters, what you have today are well trained athletes. Well conditioned, well coached, jack of all trades, master of none. It just isn't exciting anymore.

jcblass - I would rather watch these classic match ups than half of the match ups that have existed in years past. Those classic guys were fighters, what you have today are well trained athletes. Well conditioned, well coached, jack of all trades, master of none. It just isn't exciting anymore.

I hate to sound like a bitter old man, but I agree. I guess it's a natural by-product of the sport developing and evolving . . . but I sure miss the bare-knuckled fights where the spectator didn't have a pretty good idea how the fight was gonna turn out.

Old fights like Royce/Severn, Renzo/Taktarov, and Busta/Bohlander have never been equaled in terms of excitement (obviously just my opinion).

I would bet a lot of money on Ken in that fight. Phone Post