Royce: Tokoro, Hughes Sakuraba

Andre is dead on. For whatever reason, Sak just did not have any interest in winning that fight. From the very beginning when Royce was on his back, Sak just stood there and let Royce kick his legs 900 times. He threw barely any of his own kicks, didn't show any inclination to go to the ground, and didn't step back so that they could fight on the feet. Just stood there getting his legs kicked.

It'll be interesting to find out what all his talking was about in the third round, assuming we ever do.

imo sak wasnt really even trying. reminded me of his fight with the french guy

trianglechoker,

Royces arm was fine after that fight, I trained with him the following weekend and he had a slightly black eye,

Hughes won, but Royce never got involved, these things happen in a fight, he got out of position with that wild elbow and got taken down and Hughes looked unstoppable that match.

Just like BJ easily overwhelmed Hughes the first fight dosent mean thats what will always happen (watch Hughes vs Penn 2 for proof)

Thats what makes MMA so interesting

Randy Couture dominates Liddell easily 1st fight,2 and 3 fights he gets ko both times

anyway Royce beats Sak 9 out of 10 times!

iF they setup a rubber match NYE, it will make me doubt this fight and sakuraba's integrity.

EvilYoshida we already know Sakuraba does works and will also cheat for victory.

Look at when he got knocked out by Silveria and got a restart and then when he cheated Royler Gracie out of his hard earned draw.

"Look at when he got knocked out by Silveria and got a restart and then when he cheated Royler Gracie out of his hard earned draw. "

LMAO

"
Look at how he got that BS win over Guy Mezger."

LOL @ BS win. At worst a draw, but Saku was pushing the action in that fight. Neither fight really won, but mezger forfeited so what did you expect?

Draw was a great ruling in that fight.

this is 2007 armbreaker you cant go back in time

also Royce dominated that fight until the injury

What does MMath say about Ken Shamrock. Sak beat him so easily, yet couldn't do anything significant to Royce.

"Im gonna go ahead and say thatthe fight was worked. Sakuraba just didnt fight. He was able to easily defend whatever that Royce attempted, but never really took initiative."

Sadly, this is my worst fear coming true. This is something that i don't even want to believe because Saku is one of my heroes and it is my opinion the one throwing the fight should be bashed.

If there is a rubber match anytime soon or NYE I will consider this a worked match.

thats usually Yoshida who works the fights but saks done a few,

so why would that change your opionen Evilyoshida hes done them before what is he now on the no works bandwagon

LMFAO @ yoshida doing works

This fight went the way it did because Saku's body, knees and neck are destroyed.

If Royce had, over the course of his career, fought Silva, Noguiera, Mirko, Rampage, and Igor, we wouldn't be talking about this fight, because Royce would never have come out of retirement. And I say that with all due respect to Royce as a fighter - I'm sure he would still be willing to fight, but there's no way his body would hold up after that level of beatings.

yourfather is pitiful.

Date: 06/03/07 05:01 PM
764 Total Posts Ignore User

Yes, Sak's previous battles made him incapable of pushing the action, and attempting to finish basic submissions.

If Royce had fought Silva, Noguiera, Mirko, Rampage, and Igor, he'd be incapable of walking to the ring, nevermind finishing basic submissions.

These are just more lame excuses to try and hide the fact that Sak's legacy, especially as it pertains to the Gracies, was destroyed by Royce last night.

That's right, Royce destroyed Sak's legacy by being knocked down, failing to take Sak down, failing to prevent him from passing his guard, failing to sub him, failing to hurt him standing, failing to hurt him on the ground, failing to come anywhere close to a sub attempt, failing to control position, but "pushing the action." Those sure were some devastating knees to the thigh, though!

Reasonmethis = multiple time ban winner 'YourFather'

U reckon that was a work?

I say the fight was a draw

EVILYOSHIDA,
usually we see pretty close to eye-to-eye on things but I gotta ask you, as it seems you've bordered on trolldom with these anti-west pro-japanese posts..

But where does this stuff about sakuraba wanting royce to verbally quit etc come from?

I've read the Japanese newspapers and sports magazines, and they quote sakuraba as having been actually really happy about the rules royce requested.

He wasn't thinking of it as special rules, he was thinking of it as "real japanese rules." or in other words, he said the best is "one round - ipponshoubu" - one round, win or lose is decided by the catch (either ko or submission).