Royce vs Aerts, not signed!

Sources close to Royce Gracie's camp are reporting that Royce's K-1 Dynamite December 31st fight contract with Peter Aerts has not been signed by Royce.
At this point, 10/21, the fight has been offered to Royce but it has not been signed. Royce and K-1 officials are still negotiating rules and pay scale.

More news to follow...

HonkyStyle, MMA Reporter

Royce had better really train some standup defense. Aerts is no cream puff, and no Akebono. Royce has got some balls if he signs this fight, I'd be thinking long and hard about it too.

It is rumored that the pay scale for Royce is about $2,500,000.00 USD... mabye even higher...

Royce does not merit that kind of purse imo. No where near it.

"Royce and K-1 officials are still negotiating rules and pay scale"...

Here we go again with the "special rules" for a Royce fight.

I don't have the full report on the "special rules." However I suspect it will be; Gis allowed, longer/no time limit, no ref stoppage, and no strikes to the head while standing...

j/k re: head stikes...

The Only "special" rules Royce has ever asked for were less rules, or no rules. That takes guts in my opinion. And heck, if he can get that money, good for him. Like you wouldn't take it from your boss if it was offered to you.

"The Only "special" rules Royce has ever asked for were less rules, or no rules. That takes guts in my opinion." Agreed...

agreed as well

I hope this fights happens.would like to see that.

Tyson is correct.  I would fight anyone for that kind of cash.

http://www.so-net.ne.jp/feg/k-1gp/btop.htm

The fight is not lised on the card...

The prize money is not about who Royce will fight. It's all about the television market share K-1 will get on New Years Eve.

Royce is one of the few who has the name value that will make everyone in Japan tune into his fight regardless of his opponent. Peter Aerts is very popular there so it is a great match up, marketing wise.

For everyone else in the world, good luck getting someone to pay you $2.5 million for one fight.

I third Tyson's comment,I'd gladly fight all 3 in the same night for that kind of paycheck.