Royce vs Tank

Royse is the reason I got into jiu jitsu and MMA.  He is the first multi tournament winner but I think Tank would have been a bad match up.

Let's say this happens around UFC 4 and Tank knows what Royce is going to do.  Tank and Royce are both fresh.  If Royce slips those daisy cutters and gets a clinch I could see him winning in 5 minutes.  Tank gasses fast and his sub defense isn't the best.

If Tank manages to avoid the early takedown and employs some sprawl and brawl I can see things being tough for Royce.  At this point it might become a war of attrition.  Royce will keep diving for takedown and Tank will keep trying to damage Royce.  If Tank doesn't KO Royce I can see Royce rallying and winning late.

After seeing the Kimo fight I’d give Tank about a 25% chance of winning, otherwise Royce pulls guard and submits him.

Royce beats Tank but may end up bloody this time!

prime tank by ko

1 Like

If Royce vs. Hackney is any indication, I take Tank by TKO.

2 Likes
ranier wolfcastle -

prime tank by ko

Prime Tank? Huh? This is an oxymoron

1 Like
SuperFightFan - Royce beats Tank but may end up bloody this time!

I agree but if Tank landed clean it’s lights out.

Garry Goodrige would have thrashed Royce. 

1 Like

Tank would be better earlier, but he may gas. Think Tank vs Taktarov

Windy City - 

Tank would be better earlier, but he may gas. Think Tank vs Taktarov

I think Oleg could survive much better on the feet vs Tank, but I think Royce subs Tank on the ground much easier. So if Tank doesnt put him in a Matua coma and its to the ground, most likely in royce guard, Tanks gonna get subbed IMO!

This sounds familiar. Anytime I hear “if he can land clean, then it’s over” I know the grappler will win. Every time I see a fight where the striker just needs that one shot, they never get to land it and end up in a clinch and are tapping soon after. 

I see Royce tapping Tank and Tank quietly accepting the defeat but also saying Royce is a fag because grappling ain’t fighting. Something along those lines. 

Early MMA = Grappler > Striker 

royce might get to the clinch b4 gettin nelmarked https://youtu.be/hHgzM2D0ZGY

ranier wolfcastle - 

royce might get to the clinch b4 gettin nelmarked https://youtu.be/hHgzM2D0ZGY

Did You just compare Royce to Nelmark?

1 Like