Royce vs Yoshida Predictions

"What is about Royce that is not atheletic,"

Royce is athletic, but Yoshida has competed against the best in the world in Judo, and won the gold. Royce has done nothing of the kind.

That's good enough for me to say he is the better athlete.

Yoshida may be too strong. However, I'll be rooting for Royce

Yoshida spent the first 5 minutes or so looking around the audiences and entertaining the crowd doing leglocks. The referee stopped the fight because Royce's arm showed a sign of "Datsu-ryoku" (the arm went limp). The choke was fully applied. Yoshida, being a true gentleman (like Sakuraba did to Royler), released the choke about 2 seconds after Royce started to go limp, that is, before Royce reached a state of complete unconsciousness. As a result, Royce was able to regain consciousness as soon as Yoshida released the choke. If the referee had not stopped the fight, Royce would have suffered a serious brain damage.
Yoshida finished the fight when he chose to do so.

"The choke was fully applied"

not even, keep looking for adema

Is that the legendary pdeking posting here, or a new entity with the same name ?

Hopefully Royce / Yoshida will be a fight for the ages. Royce was great coming on here a few weeks back. You gotta like him. However Yoshida is the Judoka. He beat Royce in their first fight. This is a different style fight, in that it is full MMA. At this stage it's a toss up imo.

I hope all the bullshit Royce / Yoshida nonsense ends with this fight, whoever takes it.

its the legend peking duck hes back can u believe that. gonna be fun!!!

Royce was bragging how easily he would beat Wallid Ismael before the fight. I predicted that Wallid would choke out Royce because Wallid was an 8 times BJJ National champion but Royce never earned any title in BJJ at all. Yoshida is also the gold medalist (in –90kg class) in 1999 Judo World Championship. Kimura put Helio in a submission hold 20 times. Helio was by far the most pathetic opponent Kimura had ever fought.

(Translator's Note: About 1 year ago, I sent the information on Adema Santana to bjj.org, based on what Kimura wrote in the book. The web master Don Geddhis, twisted the facts, and posted the description of the fight between Helio Gracie and Adema Santana as an event that took place in 1953, and depicted Adema as a former student of Helio. He mixed up the descpription of Waldemer Santana, who KO'd Helio in 1949, with the description of Adema Santana, and made up a false figure that does not exist. I protested him, but he has never corrected the false description so far. It is in the Historical Fights section of bjj.org. On the same web site, one can read Carlson Gracie's interview. There, Carlson says that he has fought Waldemer Santana in 1949, 1 month after Helio got KO'd at 3 hours 45 min mark by Waldemer Santana. He also said that Waldemer Santana, who had been Helio's student, was a stone cutter, and was a former wrestler. According to Carlson, Waldemer Santana was 28 years old, when Carlson fought Waldemer Santana in 1949. Carlson fought Waldemer Santana 6 times in total, won 4 times, and drew 2 times. Carlson became famous for beating Waldemer Santana at the age of 17 in 1949 (he was born in 1932). One can also see a photo of Helio fighting Waldemer Santana on a ring. He looks chunky and is not built like a capoeira champion who is highly trained in acrobatic moves.)

Fuck all you Royce Bashers! Last time Royce almost tore his foot off, this time I hope he does. Go Royce!!!

King Yoshida,

Actualy Royce compeated a lot up untill the age of 18, when he left Brazil and moved to the US. I agree that the tournaments that he was in are not the Olimpics but to say that he never won a local tournament is ignorant. Royce has been compeating a long with his brother Royler since the age of 7. Now back then they did not have the worlds, but they did have local and state tournaments.

This has nothing to do with the fight coming up, its more for general info for you my friend.

no quesion the level of olympic comptetion is far higher than any bjj tournament. One thing working for yocheata will be his athleticism

Yoshida is a tough oponent, there is no question about it. Which makes it even better for the end result. Its a fight, and in a fight anything can happend. You have the Royce fans and you have Yoshida fans, we can talk about what happends, but in realiy the fight will be desided on December 31, 2003. And no one knows what will happend................

oh, but I do, Royce will win (lol)

goodluck royce

Royce has absolutely ZERO weapon to win this fight.

royce trains judo so u will now kiss royces ass

I think Royce was 51-1 in Jiu-Jitsu matches in
Brazil growing up as a kid.

Dave

"Yoshida almost got triangle choked by Silva. If Royce was applying the choke, it probably would have been night, night for Yoshida." Yoshida was in no danger from the triangle. Royce did try to apply a triangle, but he did not even come close to the level that Silva did. Silva is a far better grappler than any Gracie. Royce could do nothing to stop Yoshida's Sodeguruma, but Silva defended all of Yoshida's chokes. Sakuraba defeated Renzo and Royler by submission, but did not come even close to applying any hold on Silva.

Translator's Note: About 1 year ago, I sent the information on Adema Santana to bjj.org, based on what Kimura wrote in the book. The web master Don Geddhis, twisted the facts, and posted the description of the fight between Helio Gracie and Adema Santana as an event that took place in 1953, and depicted Adema as a former student of Helio. He mixed up the descpription of Waldemer Santana, who KO'd Helio in 1949, with the description of Adema Santana, and made up a false figure that does not exist. I protested him, but he has never corrected the false description so far. It is in the Historical Fights section of bjj.org. On the same web site, one can read Carlson Gracie's interview. There, Carlson says that he has fought Waldemer Santana in 1949, 1 month after Helio got KO'd at 3 hours 45 min mark by Waldemer Santana. He also said that Waldemer Santana, who had been Helio's student, was a stone cutter, and was a former wrestler. According to Carlson, Waldemer Santana was 28 years old, when Carlson fought Waldemer Santana in 1949. Carlson fought Waldemer Santana 6 times in total, won 4 times, and drew 2 times. Carlson became famous for beating Waldemer Santana at the age of 17 in 1949 (he was born in 1932). One can also see a photo of Helio fighting Waldemer Santana on a ring. He looks chunky and is not built like a capoeira champion who is highly trained in acrobatic moves.)

"royce trains judo" Sure, he trains a 10th rated judo, which is GJJ.

no he actually has trained with judokas like alot of his relatives. so time to kiss ass

sweet ass time with that bloated pajama artist,

LOL