Royce's Standup

What sort of standup does he train in? It's a real trip to see someone still doing those fag kicks in the ring. There is no hip rotation at all--they're just these weird little flick kicks. What TMA teaches you to kick like that??

BTW, this isnt a comment on last night's result. Both guys were so horrible that I thought it should have been a draw.

HE should have lost the fight doing those sorry ass leg sweeps alone.

The guy lost the fight obviously because he could score no effective damage.

BOTH FIGHTERS DIDN'T DO SHIT, but saku had the sub attempts, got Royce's back, and had the only legit knockdown (effective damage) in the whole fight.

out of 7000 votes on Sherdog, the majority of people voted the fight 29-28 in favor of Sak

i wish it was a draw

Guys, Im more curious about Royce's standup than your thoughts on the decision....what TMA does he practice??

Royce's standup has always been shit and has never been shown to score effective damage.

He got Knocked down in the first minute of the fight by a broken down sak.

I heard Royce got a black belt in some form of karate a few years ago. The kicks were made to distract, and possibly open up a shoot imo.

^^Interesting...so Royce has a black belt in a Karate TMA--probably Shotokan or Okinawan. Although, I didnt see Royce shoot once the whole fight and the only time it went to the ground was when he got knocked down in the first.

oh well

He's a grappler.

"I didnt see Royce shoot once the whole fight"

He didn't have a gun...

heres a few shots from Royce tho

4:12 Rd 2

1:22 Rd 2

1:13 Rd 2 (terrible shot tho)

4:28 Rd 3 (sucked again, ended up pulling guard)

0:14 Rd 3 (stuffed)

And the fight went to the ground multiple times.

Royce used to train stand up with a guy named Victor Frankenstein.

"HE should have lost the fight doing those sorry ass leg sweeps alone.

The guy lost the fight obviously because he could score no effective damage."

LOL... your bitterness just comes out of my monitor. Too bad.

I don't know if he still trains there, but for years Royce was training stand-up with a random Hapkido instructor from down the block.

Serious.

Max

Evilyoshida's idols are falling apart in front of his eyes... and it will only
get worst

lol

" out of 7000 votes on Sherdog, the majority of people voted the fight 29-28 in favor of Sak" That statement is very deceiving and inaccurate.

How did you score Gracie-Sakuraba II?

(12400 Votes)

30-27 Gracie = 21%

29-28 Gracie = 24%

30-27 Sakuraba =8%

29-28 Sakuraba = 28%

Draw 20%

45 % thought Royce won compared to 36% for SAK. 20% thought it was a draw.

Source: Sherdog Website.

"45 % thought Royce won compared to 36% for SAK. 20% thought it was a draw.

Source: Sherdog Website. "

However the LARGEST majority of people agreed to the 29-28 DECISION for Sakuraba.

In additon more people disagreed with Royce's victory if we add "draw and Saku's victory"

I agree with Gomez...

Evilyoshida is the only nimrod capable of skewing that stat...

BTW to answer the origional question, Royce has been a long time student at Fairtex San Fran.

It's true that Royce makes frequent trips every few months about a week at a time to take private lessons with Ganyao Fairtex.

"In additon more people disagreed with Royce's victory if we add "draw and Saku's victory"

That too is inaccurate - 65% thought either Royce won or it was a draw compared to 56% thought that either Sak won or it was a draw.

"I think Saku will be limping for a few days."

Saku has been limping for a few years now, and will keep limping for
many to come IMO