Royce's Standup

royce was always trying some striking. none really effective but the judges liked it

Saku will be pissing blood for days.

(Yes this is a joke. Remember when people thought that those kidney heel kicks made people piss blood?).

"That too is inaccurate - 65% thought either Royce won or it was a draw compared to 56% thought that either Sak won or it was a draw."

I never made that argument I just said that COMPARED to people who thought ROYCE decisively won without any doubt there were more people who thought it was a DRAW or saku victory.

That is easy to see.

I think it was a draw for sure

and royce stand up has always been pretty ineffective and mainly used to open up for the takedown

"However the LARGEST majority of people agreed to the 29-28 DECISION for Sakuraba.

In additon more people disagreed with Royce's victory if we add "draw and Saku's victory" "

In fact 28% agreed to a 29-28 Sak decision - 28% is a minority, not a majority. Of those who didn't vote for a draw, more voted for Royce than Sak; since a draw was not a possible result, the views of those who thought it was a draw are irrelevant.

In any case, I don't feel the need to rely on what a cross section of the community who post at Sherdog thought about a fight I've seen myself. Royce clearly won, end of story - just man up and live with it and put your calculator away, it's just making you look even more foolish than you do normally.

EVILYOSHIDA....owned!

"In fact 28% agreed to a 29-28 Sak decision - 28% is a minority, not a majority. Of those who didn't vote for a draw, more voted for Royce than Sak; since a draw was not a possible result, the views of those who thought it was a draw are irrelevant.

In any case, I don't feel the need to rely on what a cross section of the community who post at Sherdog thought about a fight I've seen myself. Royce clearly won, end of story - just man up and live with it and put your calculator away, it's just making you look even more foolish than you do normally. "

First of all you know what I'm talking about.

I should have said the most votes for a single CATEGORY, was Saku winning by 29-28. TRUE

Also your point about draw being irrelevant is total BS. This is what the FANS THINK.

If the fans think there was no WINNER OR LOSER, then that's their opinion.

Our opinions matter, in fact the perception of MMA fighters is mostly dictated by FANS like us.

Seriously, it's not that important but it does show that this DECISION was not as cut n' dry as some gracie nuthuggers are making it out to be.

geeze EvilYoshida.... give it up.

Nobody is hatin on Sak. He did great, he just barely lost, but he lost none the less... so what.

Royce won fair and square and everybody without a skewed view knows why.

Your point with the Sherdog poll holds no water..... get over it.

Yes, EY, calm down.

However "30-27 Gracie = 21%"?!?!

I had Royce winning only round 2 clearly.

Round 1, Sak dropps Royce, passed his guard and takes his back. Round 3, Sak takes Royces back twice and goes for armbar at the end of the round. They werent home runs but the only thing Royce did was front kick. That is much less significant than having your back controlled on the ground and having someone attempt an armbar on you.

Now regarding Royce's standup, since that was his only offense in the fight, are the Gracies gonna post on their website that they are helping the Thais and the Dutch with their kickboxing cause? Kidding......but seriously, are they?

Ok, anyhow, Royce's use of his front kicks to keep Sak at bay was real good. He did this well against Hughes too and Hughes complemented Royce on it. When Sak did lunge to close the gap, Royce shot in right away. Very good timing (though Sak easily stuffed and controlled Royce on each shot).

I cant help but think if Royce did what Sak did (take his back, go for the armbar) since they normally judge fights based on bjj/sub grappling criteria......

I don't see how any of you thought that Saku won that fight. He did not do anything. I will give him the knockdown in the first but that was it. One punch does not win the round. He was not even close to any submissions. Even when Royce was butt scooting he must have landed 50 unanswered kicks to Saku's legs, at least 20 of those could be considered power shots. Goldburg and Glazer were talking about the bruises to Saku's legs so those kicks were effective. Royce also landed some hard knees to Saku's legs. 90% if the stalling was initiated by Saku. Royce outworked Saku in every round. Saku never have Royce's back only close attempts. Goldburg and Glazer thought that Royce won the fight. I have to say it was not a very good fight though.

Dosent say much for sakurabas standup if Royces is bad and he easily won Sakuabas must be terribile.

Also rewatch his fight with Yoshida where he dominated standing/clinching and the ground.