Royces strategy vs Akebono?

Altough it is not final, Royce vs Akebono is planned for the K1 or Prides new years show. How the hell do you fight a 400 pound sumo with 100% BJJ? Royce likes to pull guard and work triangles, chokes and armbars.

He will never take him down with a double leg, thats for sure. KO standing, dont think so...

Is it even possible för Royce do have a 400 pound guy in your guard? Is he in over his head?

Royce will lose.

eventually the fat bastard will fall over and Royce will hell-hook him. Might look a lot like Genki/Butterbean cept Akebonon can't hit like Bean

Tire him till you can take him down. Then submit him. Pretty standard Royce strategy I'd imagine.

If I were Royce I would try to gain about 10 - 15 pounds for this fight to off set the weight issue

i also think royce will have problems. akes gonna corner him and throw prettyhard shots like he did to bojanski

I don't think Royce can jump guard on Akebono. I don't think Royce can take Akebono down with a conventional takedown. I don't think he can take a lot of punches from Akebono.

Weird fight for Royce to take. If he wants to challenge himself, he might as well fight 3 midgets at once or something. (would pay mucho $$ to see the midget fight)

I thought this was a damn odd fight to want as well. Actually isn't Akebono around 500lbs? Watch Akebono pull out a bear hug. No thanks. Go for it Royce!

If Takase can beat Yarbough, then Royce can certainly beat Akebono. Royce will circle a little, Akebono will try to bullrush him a few times, then he'll start to gas, and Royce will win by whatever he wants. Pointless fight, I'd much rather see Royce against a top fighter closer to his own size (Penn, Hughes, Sakuraba 2).

bad fight for royce. if he doesn't attack chad, then how can chad get tired.

How about Royce/Bustamonte,aren't they around the same weight? I'd LOVE to see that one.

"Royce resembles a miniature version of Big Foot when scantily clad"

That's too funny!!

I think that this is a very dangerous fight for Royce.

ttt

AKE HELD UP DECENTLY FOR AWHILE VS BOJANSKI. THEN GOT KO'D. BUT WE ALL KNOW ROYCE DOESNT HIT NEARLY AS HARD