Royler Quote

"First, Judo matches are very short so if it goes to the ground, they have to be very aggressive and very fast. I think Judo has faster ground technique where as Jiu-Jitsu is more technical. A Jiu-Jitsu match is longer so you can try more strategies. You don't attack fast. You attack slowly. I think this is the difference between the ground techniques of Judo and Jiu-Jitsu."Great quote from someone who truely gets it. However, once again, we are concentrating on the differences if we train judo for sport judo purposes, and bjj for bjj purposes..The better question is, what if we dont? What if we train for the same rules? Then what are the differences? The Judoka then uses strategy on the ground and the BJJ'er then uses strategy on the feet..It becomes the same thing, practiced the same way, for the same purpose, maximum efficiency.JUDO!!

Don't you get tired of ranting about the same shit over and over. I know I'm tired of reading it.

great quote. THat's exactly true. That's why Yoshida has been subbing people so quickly. attacking submissions.. thats what I like to call them.

I agree, but good luck convincing this board of that. Your logic has no place here.

Some dude pinned me in a Judo match a few years ago and I was desperate to get the hell out before I lost. I tried a million moves!
Whats up Q, im in San Diego now. I walked into a gym the other day just a few blocks from my house and the only guy in there was Vernon Tiger White. How cool is that, were going to train this week.

zawi

Some dude pinned me in a Judo match a few years ago and I was desperate to get the hell out before I lost. I tried a million moves!
Whats up Q, im in San Diego now. I walked into a gym the other day just a few blocks from my house and the only guy in there was Vernon Tiger White. How cool is that, were going to train this week.

zawi

You are the first one to cry about the BJJ Trolls, but you constantly rant and rave about Judo. Who is the real troll??

Quincy should simply compete just one time in a gi tournament as a black belt. If he wins one single match, in even a local U.S. tourney, his points would be taken more seriously. Seriously, no knocking whatsoever, but you are young, a competitor, and been in hundreds of grappling matches. Why not just one gi match in the black belt divsion?

Lets stay on topic people..If you have nothing of worth to add, a simple "ttt" will suffice. Clense yourselves of the hate before it overcomes you.

Zawi, that is awesome!! What are you doing in San Diego?

Cut the crap, man, really.

Also, to add to Royler's comment: for competition, ground work is almost non existent because of the time restrictions but that doesnt mean ground work in practice is only 10 seconds at a time...

But, seriously, a trolling is trolling.

PA Outlaw,

"Quincy should simply compete just one time in a gi tournament as a black belt. If he wins one single match, in even a local U.S. tourney, his points would be taken more seriously."

I have had many gi matches as a judo black belt..I have won my share as well (as a black belt).

I have also fought in Vale Tudo (nhb) fights...

That has nothing to do with this thread though. Lets stay on topic.

nice quote

Did you read my post? I have competed in a BB division..Also, I have competed in NHB.

awesome quote...

ttt for Judo, the parent art of NHB...

zawi- what gym was that? I saw him in target the
other day and meant to ask him where he's been
training.

Im living here in Imperial Beach ( closer to TJ than downtown SD) the gym is boxing zone on Palm ave. In IB.
Im on my way to train with Vernon right now.
I came out to start my Mural painting business.

zawi

Don't you get tired of ranting about the same shit over and over. I know I'm tired of reading it

lol so true

So tired of reading it that both of you clicked the thread? LOL...Thats obsession boys, and it ain't normal.

LOL