Royler was doing pretty well...

"so flopping to guard because you can't take the other guy down, then going for an unsuccessful ankle lock = he was doing pretty good until the KO?"

imagine how many time sak could of saved himself if he pulled guard when in trouble. Instead he almost gets beat to death by Silva. point is it's a valid technique that should get more respect.

royler has won many ADCC with his ankle lock attempts. Why wouldnt he try to use it? because its MMA? they work in MMA too.

all the royler hate is pretty ridiculous... i thought he stuck to his gameplan very well. he wanted it to be a grappling match... and for the most part that's what it was. the fight did go to the ground, and royler was doing well in closing in and eliminating striking distances. i know he lost, but geez... give the guy some props for getting in there. the weight, age, and striking advantages were against him.

all the negativity in this forum is nauseating and completely unnecesary. it's unfortunate that the most negative people are also the most vocal. i don't see why either fighter deserves to be bashed in any way. i have nothing but respect for royler and sudo, and just about anyone else who dedicates so much of their life to what they love, then put it all on the line in front of millions of people. think about how much royler, for example, has done in his career, and how much he's risking every time he competes.

IN CLOSING, THE MAJORITY OF YOU ARE FUCKING IDIOTS

Nothing against Royler, but just because it took Sudo a few minutes to KO him doesn't mean he was "being competitive". Royler didn't actually do anything except hold on and pull guard. Obviously that's a legit strategy, but nothing came of it -- he wasn't accomplishing anything except delaying his loss. Sudo was certainly never close to being in trouble, and barely broke a sweat.

I've got nothing against Royler. He showed lots of bravery and courage fighting an elite MMA athlete like Sudo.

i think u out grapple someone when they cant take u down

Doing pretty well until he got knocked retarded, sure.

"imagine how many time sak could of saved himself if he pulled guard when in trouble. Instead he almost gets beat to death by Silva. point is it's a valid technique that should get more respect."

no one's arguing that flopping to guard is not a valid move, the argument is flopping to guard multiple times because you can't take the other guy down isn't the same as doing well.

"royler has won many ADCC with his ankle lock attempts. Why wouldnt he try to use it? because its MMA? they work in MMA too."

really....i've watched a number of Royler's matches in ADCC, and although he goes for the ankle lock a lot, I don't remember him winning too many of his matches with it.