Rozenstruik Explains Why He Hopes Ngannou Stays

COCONUT CREEK, Fla. – Jairzinho Rozenstruik doesn’t want to see Francis Ngannou out of the UFC.

The UFC heavyweight contender hopes his former rival and current champion of the division works things out and continues his reign in the company. Ngannou fought out his UFC contract in January by defending his title against Ciryl Gane at UFC 270. It’s uncertain if he’ll re-sign with the company or go elsewhere.

“I hope (he re-signs), he’s one of the biggest competitors that I’ve ever seen in the UFC,” Jairzinho told MMA Junkie. “And that gives you even more reasons to level up your game and make sure you can take that guy out, so you can prove yourself, not only to yourself but also to the UFC and the fans.”

Rozenstruik (12-3 MMA, 6-3 UFC) fought Ngannou in 2020. He was knocked out by the Cameroonian and was handed his first professional defeat in MMA.

“Bigi Boy” doesn’t like what he sees in the current heavyweight title picture given Ngannou’s unknown future, Jon Jones’ potential move to heavyweight, and more. Either way, the uncertainty in the division will not stop him from climbing the rankings.

“For me, it’s a little bit of a mess, but it is what it is,” Rozenstruik said regarding the state of the heavyweight division. “In the meantime, I’ll keep fighting and I’ll make sure I get close, so when things settle up, I’ll get my chance at the shot.”

Rozenstruik returns on April 9 at UFC 273 in Jacksonville, Fla. against veteran Marcin Tybura. He looks to bounce back from his decision loss to Curtis Blaydes in September.

“I like the matchup,” Rozenstruik said. “He’s a good opponent. He does his things and I respect him and take him seriously. Looking forward to that. I want to get this win and move forward.”

His fight with Tybura is the first of the prelims! WTH

Meanwhile there are 2 WMMA above them. One to headline the prelims, one on the main card…

1 Like

tee

Fucking ridiculous
Wme IMG whatever they are called trying to promote amateur skill level fights on the big stage ahead of proper skilled fighters that can
1, finish fights
2, produce exiting fights
3, have talent/skill
4, have power
Etc

1 Like