Rpgs with crappy autosaves.

Playing The Witcher 2 for the first time, just got it for Christmas.

I just died and my last save was over an hour and a half old. Fml.

I hate rpgs that have a shitty autosave function. I like the standard "save anytime exiting/entering a zone."

I'm sure I'll go back because it has been cool but that's really turned me off of it for the moment. I'll be starting AC3 tomorrow. Phone Post

Always used to turn autosaves off, the cache from autosave used to crash my system and make it seem slow, used to save manually. And have come unstuck a few times! Phone Post

I started playing Fallout 3.  Got about 3 hours in and then game hung.  Rebooted and the last autosave it had was about 30 minutes into the game.

I promptly said "Fuck this", and never touched it again.

I wasn't enjoying it anyway, but I would have given it probably 8-10 hours to get better before bailing.  But no way was I replaying 2 1/2 hours of boring ass gameplay I already went through once.

The first Mass Effect was the same way. If you didn't manually save within a level and you died, you would start the whole damn mission over. Phone Post

In addition to poorly spaced autosaves, another problem is when a save file gets corrupted for some reason and can no longer be opened. I've had times happen a few times with (IIRC) various rgs like fallout 3, oblivion and lords of magic(an RTS/RPG hybrid.)

It's because of this that I got into the habit of doing hard saves frequently. It also helps, if I want to replay a decision point in the game(not to spoil much but the witcher 2 has a major one as a fair warning)

another reason dragon age series has succeeded.  multiple autosave files per character at different intervuls and types of story/location points to save.  one of the few things they got exceptionally well done.

Farcrys pretty dumb. Phone Post

dragon's dogma.

I had to learn quickly to save a LOT.

Flexo - Farcrys pretty dumb. Phone Post

Farcry's autosaves only lack if you do nothing but open world explore without doing any fast travel or side missions. Phone Post

I just started the game and was collecting those flowers and bore hide, walked out of bounds then had to restart, did it again and was at the part where you get the phone call and have to jump into the truck. I assumed by then it would have autosaved so I shut it off and came back later to see that I was right back at the very beggining. Shut that shit off right away. Phone Post

The amount of hours ive lost in rpg's is unfathomable. Phone Post

I like the good 'ol "autosave when exiting one area and entering another."

Much better than, as with Witcher 2, "autosave only after plot developments."

Also, I don't like when games are autosave ONLY. AC3 is a good example. There's been a few missions where I'll play along for for 15-20 minutes then mess up on a tricky part and have to restart the whole mission. I don't want to have to replay 15-20 minutes of a mission five or six times, I only wanna redo the tricky part I'm fucking up on. Allowing me to save when/where I want would solve this. Phone Post

In Skyrim, I have it Autosave when i enter/exit places, as well as every 5 minutes. That worked great and had me not saving for long periods of time. Then i got glitched in an area and tried to get out for 20 or so minutes. That made all of my autosaves in this glitched area.

The most recent save i had made was 7 hours prior. Needless to say, i didnt play the game for over a week. I did teach me to not be so niggardly with my saves. Phone Post

i have skyrim at 10 mins, and still i will go for 30-40 mins without triggering a menu save.  the second i die i get put back at the last one, go into menu and it saves.  leaving me at the same point as before, except now i have to manage my saves as i go along.  annoyingly tedious and ruins the ambiance.

Flexo - 

I just started the game and was collecting those flowers and bore hide, walked out of bounds then had to restart, did it again and was at the part where you get the phone call and have to jump into the truck. I assumed by then it would have autosaved so I shut it off and came back later to see that I was right back at the very beggining. Shut that shit off right away. Phone Post

i just finished farcry 3.  what you are dealing with is an incredibly small portion of the game, and is quite neccecary.  people have bitched about it, but in truth, as the character you have nothing to begin with so you must build your foundation, which is exactly what it is.  As all of your game play is based off what you can do later.  It is also a form of training for the paticular weapons you are forced to use in each quest.

I don't mind going collecting stuff, just annoying how I finished the mission and it didn't autosave like it says it does. Phone Post