Ruby Ridge and Waco

Saw a great doc on Netflix about Ruby  Ridge and found another on YouTube on Waco.

Did the govt murder these people or was it justified?

what say you og?

Don't start nuthin, won't be nuthin

murder

The "reasonable justification" given at the time for Waco was that children were being abused. The obvious method of ending child abuse is to burn everyone inside the building.

Mishandled due to breakdown in communication between the tactical, negotiation, and behavioral analysis components at Waco. The evidence is greater than not that Koresh was abusing children, and also that the fires were started from within.

Changes have been made in the way large scale hostage standoffs are handled, for the better.

Didn't the Davidians start the fire themselves or am I imagining that? I also find it funny that it didn't even happen in Waco, it was just the biggest city closest to where is happened.

LikeH2O - Didn't the Davidians start the fire themselves or am I imagining that? I also find it funny that it didn't even happen in Waco, it was just the biggest city closest to where is happened.

Supposedly one of those flash bangs started it

Didn't Ruby dude sell sawed offs or something and told his kid to fire on the fedruls?

Just watched the one on Ruby Ridge.  It was pretty good .  Hoping to find more on it

I watched the one on ruby ridge. What's the Waco one called?

jju -

Just watched the one on Ruby Ridge.  It was pretty good .  Hoping to find more on it

The Oklahoma bombing one on Netflix talks about it also. Both good docs. PBS does a good balanced job

FedorFan5000 - 
LikeH2O - Didn't the Davidians start the fire themselves or am I imagining that? I also find it funny that it didn't even happen in Waco, it was just the biggest city closest to where is happened.

From the recordings of the microphones that were planted inside with food deliveries, you can hear the Branch Davidians giving orders to spread accelerants to burn the structure down with themselves in it.

The Stewed Owl -
FedorFan5000 - 

From the recordings of the microphones that were planted inside with food deliveries, you can hear the Branch Davidians giving orders to spread accelerants to burn the structure down with themselves in it.

Damn

Bassboats Budlight -
FedorFan5000 - 

Didn't Ruby dude sell sawed offs or something and told his kid to fire on the fedruls?

The undercover fed told him to cut off the barrel at a certain length to make it just under the legal size.

Fishy shit, I have no trust for our govt at all.

Dang

Aaron X -

I watched the one on ruby ridge. What's the Waco one called?

Not on Netflix but Waco: A new revelation was the one I watched

I find it odd to lump the two together.  Ruby Ridge was straight up government murder and entrapment of an otherwise law abiding citizen.  

With Waco, there's at least some abiguity over who fired first, who started the fire, etc.  There's basically no question about what happened at Ruby Ridge.

In

1st DAVIDIAN: [surveillance tape] Start the fire?

2nd DAVIDIAN: Got some fuel around here?

3rd DAVIDIAN: Right here.

4th DAVIDIAN:  Did you pour it yet?

5th DAVIDIAN: Huh?

4th DAVIDIAN: Did you pour it yet?

5th DAVIDIAN: I haven’t yet.

6th DAVIDIAN: David said pour it, right?

5th DAVIDIAN: Did he? Do you want it poured?

6th DAVIDIAN: Come on. Let’s pour it.

5th DAVIDIAN: Do you want it poured already?

7th DAVIDIAN: We want some fuel.

5th DAVIDIAN: I’ve got some here.

8th DAVIDIAN: We should have gotten some more hay in here.

9th DAVIDIAN: I know.

Bassboats Budlight - 
FedorFan5000 - 

The undercover fed told him to cut off the barrel at a certain length to make it just under the legal size.

Fishy shit, I have no trust for our govt at all.

It's fishy, just like the water under the bridge I am telling you to jump off of.

Of course, you ultimately choose whether or not you jump.

ChippewaBJJ -

I find it odd to lump the two together.  Ruby Ridge was straight up government murder and entrapment of an otherwise law abiding citizen.  

With Waco, there's at least some abiguity over who fired first, who started the fire, etc.  There's basically no question about what happened at Ruby Ridge.

This