Rucksack suggestions

I’ve been looking at buying a rucksack so I can add some weight and challenge to my hikes.  Anyone ruck for exercise? I’d like to buy a pack that I could use for rucking, hiking, and travel.  Any suggestions on adding weight and packs would be appreciated. 

1 Like

goruck.com  Great quality builds.  Lifetime warranty and cool ass owner.  

1 Like

I was just thinking about this too.  My gym has one that's built for weight. Has leaded weights for all the pockts and the weight is distributed correctly.  I'm not spending 150. for one of those, however.

I figure I will just fill up a 50 lbs sandbag and drop it in a ruck.  Probably will fuck my back up tho. lol

In for ideas.

1 Like

BlueDream -

omfg. it'd be 425 for the set up i want.  that's fuckign stupid.

Yea they are expenisve.  They just had a huge sale because they moved warehouses.  Hopefully they stay around I justified the expense to myself as it was a lifetime investment.  

1 Like

Not a rucksack per se, but we purchased 3 Kielty 44s for a vacation to europe a couple of years ago, as we planned on carry-on only and a lot of walking. They are excellent all around.

Do you have any military surplus stores around you? They often have good options, with US and foreign military varieties, and in used and brand new. Prices are generally cheap in my experience.

1 Like

The GR series rucksacks look very nice. Trying to justify the price right now.  Still trying to figure out what size I want.  I think a standard carry on is around 40L but I’m not sure if I want to carry something that big on weekly hikes. Might go somewhere in the middle. 

TFK_Mas Tisu -

Not a rucksack per se, but we purchased 3 Kielty 44s for a vacation to europe a couple of years ago, as we planned on carry-on only and a lot of walking. They are excellent all around.

Do you have any military surplus stores around you? They often have good options, with US and foreign military varieties, and in used and brand new. Prices are generally cheap in my experience.

Couple hours away but I’m due for a trip after the stay at home orders are over.  Good suggestion

MarsMan -

I have a 5.11 Rush 24 (my EDC) and a bigger one by BlackHawk X-100.

Used the BH in actual missions back in the day and it's super solid - it even has some muzzle flash marks in it :)

I used it in a hike in Scotland but would rather have used the 5.11 (easier to find stuff and a little smaller).

BlackHawk:

https://media.midwayusa.com/productimages/880x660/Primary/813/813075.jpg

Rush 24:

https://www.jebiga.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/5.11-Rush-24-Tactical-Backpack-02.jpghttps://www.jebiga.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/5.11-Rush-24-Tactical-Backpack-02.jpg

Thanks 

Fighting -
BlueDream -

omfg. it'd be 425 for the set up i want.  that's fuckign stupid.

Haha that’s what I’m seeing too. 

This is my area of expertise.   I’ll post opinions late and even some rucks I’d be willing to sell at an OG hookup price 

1 Like

Maxpedition Condor.

You wont get a better bag for the money.

1 Like