Ruiz/Valuez Predictions

I've never seen Valuev fight before. I just want to see Ruiz out of boxing.

Ruiz KO'd Oquendo with his right and if you saw the 2nd Holyfield Fight Holy was hanging on for his life,the only reason the ref didn't stop it was,because Holyfields rep as a warrior. John has a very good right. If Ruiz doesn't KO him there is no way he walks out of there with a decision.

Oquendo was still standing after he got hit with right. He was wobbled but he wasn't out. The ref just jumped in too quickly.

John Ruiz was standing on a box

I'm sure this fight will get nominated for the "worst fight of the year" award. On that note, I hope the Giant knocks out Ruiz and sends him back into retirement.

You know you suck when the Germans are booing your win over an American champion.

Valuev by Majority Decision

Nicolay Valuev has became the tallest and heaviest world champion in boxing history by winning the WBA heavyweight title by majority decision over John Ruiz in Berlin on Saturday. The seven-foot tall, 324.1 lb. Valuev (44-0, 31 KOs) was able to negate Ruiz' punch and grab tactics by using his huge reach advantage to keep "The Quietman" at bay. Ruiz (41-6, 28 KOs) tried to go for the knockout over the last two rounds, but it was too little, too late. Scores were 116-113, 116-114 for Valuev and 114-114. After the bout, Ruiz left the ring without complaint, but a fight broke out between Ruiz' trainer/manager Norman "Stoney" Stone and a member of the Valuev camp.

Much as I hate to agree with Gator, Valuev actually did have a pretty nice jab. All of his other punches were crap, but he still picked up the decision since most of Ruiz's were too.