rumble has too much muscle

all that muscle needs oxygen. The guy is an absolute killer for 1 or 2 rounds, either get rid of some muscle, really work on your cardio, or move to heavyweight

kellum634 - all that muscle needs oxygen. The guy is an absolute killer for 1 or 2 rounds, either get rid of some muscle, really work on your cardio, or move to heavyweight

or, move his training camp to higher altitude....

kellum634 - all that muscle needs oxygen. The guy is an absolute killer for 1 or 2 rounds, either get rid of some muscle, really work on your cardio, or move to heavyweight

was the muscle + nerves + mental break

He is muscular, but I think the nerves and being smothered by DC were more of a factor.

I think it has more to do with what a great gastank Cormier has...he kept the fucking pressure on against the cage and on the ground for a ton of time in order to get Johnson down and barely looked winded. Phone Post 3.0

well yeah, i'm sure cormier + nerves didn't help but just looking at the guy, he's built like trt overeem, with that weight and that amount of muscle there i no way the guy can go 5 rounds

If rumble wants a title, he needs to be able to fight 5 rounds. Phone Post 3.0

No disrespect to rumble since he is awesome. But this is his m.o. - if a guy can hang in there and put pressure on him he folds... cormier, Belfort, koscheck all looked very similar - aj almost welcomes the end when he is pushed. Even his coach was saying everything he could when he saw he had mentally checked out.

Too bad as he looked sharp for 1.5 rounds

Rumbles cardio looked awesome when he went 3 rounds with Davis. His nerves make his gas tank disappear. Phone Post 3.0

BrianStannFan - 

was the muscle + nerves + mental break

That's what I think. He thought he had the fight finished. Had an adrenaline dump and gassed.

It use to happen to me when I trained. Any time I sparred I'd gas within a minute or two. My cardio was decent for anything else. I trained the same as everyone else and maybe even a little more than some. I would be a beast for a minute or two and then I'd get raped if I didn't finish.

BshMstr - 

or, move his training camp to higher altitude....

good idea, the Albuquerque guys are cardio machines,

Dear greg jackson can jones, bring in rumble

quality - It use to happen to me when I trained. Any time I sparred I'd gas within a minute or two. My cardio was decent for anything else. I trained the same as everyone else and maybe even a little more than some. I would be a beast for a minute or two and then I'd get raped if I didn't finish.

I'm pretty sure that is normal just based on unexpected energy expended expecting/avoiding getting hit. For pro's in the UFC it's another level of adrenaline. Or so I hear from fiends in there...

quality - It use to happen to me when I trained. Any time I sparred I'd gas within a minute or two. My cardio was decent for anything else. I trained the same as everyone else and maybe even a little more than some. I would be a beast for a minute or two and then I'd get raped if I didn't finish.
I think subconsciously you just enjoyed being raped. Phone Post 3.0