Rumble Johnson is a bad match up for Gus.

He's Jimi Manuwa minus the horrible TDD.

Gus couldn't do anything to Manuwa until he wore him out on the ground. The guy was getting spun around from leg kicks.

Manuwa's striking is higher level than Anthony Johnson's by far. Phone Post 3.0

Mark Hunts Pet Monkey - Manuwa's striking is higher level than Anthony Johnson's by far. Phone Post 3.0

I would be curious to see Manuwa against Arlovski.

Roberto Silva - Rumbles a fucking beast at light heavyweight.

Definately has the tools and size to give any lhw fits including bones. Phone Post 3.0
This Phone Post 3.0

Mark Hunts Pet Monkey - Manuwa's striking is higher level than Anthony Johnson's by far. Phone Post 3.0

i've never found the Nog bros to have the striking that everyone seems to hype them for. i guess Little Nog gets hit a lot less than Big Nog...

Rumble is pretty stiff in his striking and kicking, but he still has a ton of speed and power. his cardio seems better since he's not cutting crazy weight now, too...

Really? I would think the opposite, i feel like Gus is a little more elusive than Phil Davis and has the ability to tire rumble out on the feet Phone Post 3.0

Roberto Silva - Rumbles a fucking beast at light heavyweight.

Definately has the tools and size to give any lhw fits including bones. Phone Post 3.0
VU, agree 100% Phone Post 3.0

Beez_Kneez - He's Jimi Manuwa minus the horrible TDD.

Gus couldn't do anything to Manuwa until he wore him out on the ground. The guy was getting spun around from leg kicks.
Didn't Gus KO him on the feet? Phone Post 3.0

AJ looked awesome in the P davis fight but I think Gus can still out strike pretty much anyone in the division besides the champ and many think he actually did.
His reach is a big factor and he isn't lacking in the speed or power area either.

Rumble however looks great and sadly I don't think a fight with Nog will show us how he would fair against a Gus or Jones at this point.

VitorpeepeetasteStrongTRT -

After he wore him out on the ground, just like op said. Phone Post 3.0

East bound and down Korean Powers -

But he knocked him out on the feet early in the fight. I don't understand how the ground portion of the fight negates Gus' skill. Phone Post 3.0

Gus needs to do VADA testing for this fight.

Rumble could do to Gus what he did to Dan Hardy. He has the striking to set up his takedowns and his wrestling is not bad.

He's a full blown LHW at this point.

Nah Dude Fk That - my god this AJ hype

he only beat P Davis who hasn't really done anything impressive himself

he also broke Arloski's jaw, too...

BshMstr -
Nah Dude Fk That - my god this AJ hype

he only beat P Davis who hasn't really done anything impressive himself

he also broke Arloski's jaw, too...
I think about 10 other guys did that before him. Phone Post 3.0

But he knocked him out on the feet early in the fight. I don't understand how the ground portion of the fight negates Gus' skill. Phone Post 3.0
But Gus wasn't really able to do anything on the feet until he took him down and controlled him and started to tire him down. Phone Post 3.0

I think Anthony Johnson at LHW has the tools to get the strap. He is up there with Gus, DC, Bones, and Glover in terms of being dangerous in the division. I like Gus, I want to see Johnson get a crack at Jones. With his body's girth at 205, I don't see Jones being able to control him. Johnson by KO in the 4th. Phone Post 3.0

Gus has way better hands.

By that same token Gus Johnson is a bad match up for Rumble. Phone Post

But Gus wasn't really able to do anything on the feet until he took him down and controlled him and started to tire him down. Phone Post 3.0
So you're saying if this wasn't MMA and it was kickboxing, Jimi would have beaten him? Unfortunately it IS MMA. Phone Post 3.0

Rumble looked GREAT in his return but let's not get ahead of us.

Let's see if he can do it again.

Can't wait to watch him fight again.