Rumble Johnson is a bad match up for Gus.

VitorpeepeetasteStrongTRT -
East bound and down Korean Powers -
East bound and down Korean Powers -
Beez_Kneez - He's Jimi Manuwa minus the horrible TDD.

Gus couldn't do anything to Manuwa until he wore him out on the ground. The guy was getting spun around from leg kicks.
Didn't Gus KO him on the feet? Phone Post 3.0
After he wore him out on the ground, just like op said. Phone Post 3.0
But he knocked him out on the feet early in the fight. I don't understand how the ground portion of the fight negates Gus' skill. Phone Post 3.0
But Gus wasn't really able to do anything on the feet until he took him down and controlled him and started to tire him down. Phone Post 3.0
So you're saying if this wasn't MMA and it was kickboxing, Jimi would have beaten him? Unfortunately it IS MMA. Phone Post 3.0
No, the comparison between Jimi and Rumble was made. Which I think is a fair comparison but rumble has better tdd. So it would make rumble a bad matchup for Gus. Phone Post 3.0

Mike126 -
Mark Hunts Pet Monkey - Manuwa's striking is higher level than Anthony Johnson's by far. Phone Post 3.0
I don't agree with this, but I do think Jimi is longer than Johnson which may help him out. Jimi probably hits harder but Jonson kicks harder Phone Post 3.0
Anthony is a wrestler turned striker, compared to Manuwa who is a natural striker, and it shows. In a kickboxing match Jimi would light Johnson up. Phone Post 3.0

"rumble is an inch taller than manuwa."

I thought Manuwa was 6' 3" and Johnson 6' 2". Other posts in this thread seem to indicate they also think Manuwa is the bigger guy.

EckY - Gus has way better hands.
This. Style wise, Gus would box him up. Rumble is fast and explosive, but is very flat footed with his striking. Gus has great lateral movement and his in and out style would give Rumble fits.

The only thing I would love to see is Gus with a more rounded kicking game. Phone Post 3.0

Nah Dude Fk That - my god this AJ hype

he only beat P Davis who hasn't really done anything impressive himself

besides beat gus, right?

AJ fucking destroyed phil.

AJ would beat manuwah into a cocoon and in that cocoon he would be attached to a live support system in some type of weird living death scenerio.

Lol gus would blast rumble...is this a joke thread? Gus has best hands in lhw atm jones fight made that clear Phone Post 3.0

Beez_Kneez - He's Jimi Manuwa minus the horrible TDD.

Gus couldn't do anything to Manuwa until he wore him out on the ground. The guy was getting spun around from leg kicks.

Fuckin crazy how high AJ stock has gone IMO.

Nah Dude Fk That - 
Poet of Gore - 
Nah Dude Fk That - my god this AJ hype

he only beat P Davis who hasn't really done anything impressive himself

besides beat gus, right?

AJ fucking destroyed phil.

AJ would beat manuwah into a cocoon and in that cocoon he would be attached to a live support system in some type of weird living death scenerio.

Beating an unknown & unpolished Gus at the beginning of his UFC career like 4 and a half years ago is not impressive.

That was four and a half years ago. Bruh UFC 112. SIXTY something events ago. If you think that's an impressive accomplishment, you'd probably think Joaquim Ferreira's armbar on a green JDS is impressive too.

Gus would still Phil today, and we can bet on that.

ok, then phil beat machida. is that good enough or does that not mean shit either? and yes, the fight was close and would not have been upset it machida or phil won that fight. it was close.