Rumina Sato VS Rafael Cordeiro vid

Ryan G is correct

Your Father. Sato trained BJJ in brazil briefly. That means he is one of the boys. Stop your bashing at once

Ah yes, Vale Tudo Japan 1999, some good fights on that card. I love how slick the transition from side control to the ankle lock was. I've caught a couple guys with that in training after just watching how Sato set that up.

No doubt, in his prime, Sato was the man. Does he still do sub grappling? Without striking, I'm sure he is still a force no doubt. I hated to watch him lose against guys that pretty much lay on him & immobilize him on the mat... which is a good strategy against a guy like that IMO. He's so dangerous in the transition/scramble.

Sato's throw was pretty wicked too. All torque/momentum. But I hadnt even realized Sato did that kneebar off a triangle attempt by Cordeiro, the guy's too quick even for a spectator to realize what's going on.

Sato's one weakness as a submission guy is his bypassing position/control in going for the finish... It makes for either a slick stylish submission win, or a missed move that leaves him in a bad spot...

In Sato/Uno 2, he jumped on Uno's back to work a standing RNC. Uno blokced it a shook Sato off. Sato fell to the ground, and when he tried to get up Uno was stadning right over him, and was able to throw strikes to get the KO.

He did it differently against Quach in HI. He was much more methodical in establishing control, and going for the armbar after position was already established.

ttt

ah how can I forget VTJ '99.. i have this one on tape.. original copy too.