Russia Collusion

Somebody help me out here..

If NO ONE - not the Russians - the Media - the Polls - not even Donald Trump thought he was going to win the nomination, much less the election. Then why would the russians want to "collude" with his campaign in the 1st place?

And if the russians did want to trump to win from very early on... Where is the evidence that they "hacked" or "interfered" with the republican primaries?

If the Russians had a secret deal to get Donald Trump ellected as president they would have had to have interfered with all the other repubs in the primaries to make sure he secured the nomination.. But there is no such evidence

Doesnt it make more sense that the russians thought - like everyine else - Hillary was a shoe-in to win. So they made her look as bad as possible to undermine her presidency.

and when trump pulled off the upset the russians scrambled to learn anything they could about this outsider. Who they have NEVER had dealings with. So the russian ambassador takes meeting with whoever he can to learn whatever they can about Donald Trump and how he operates.

If the alternative is collusion, then WOW - hand it to the russians to hand the biggest underdog ever in an election the presidnecy - but now what is it the russians are getting in return? there have been no talks of policy changes whatsoever regarding the russians or sanctions.

So what do they get?

They know that in the future they can meddle with politics successfully and get results.

What we know for a fact is that the deep state has a program called Umbrage whose purpose is to frame Russia for hacking by leaving fingerprints behind that incriminate them. So we are dealing with an entity that has and does engage in this action, but we are also relying on them to tell us who did the hacking.

Isaac298 - They know that in the future they can meddle with politics successfully and get results.

Who doesn't know that? 

I would have a bigger problem with election interference if it is based on lies. 

All that happened was the DNC was exposed for rigging primaries and hiring violent protestors to bird dog. 

The same people talking shit about this are the same people calling for a Snowden pardon. It's weird/ 

The only real collusion in this election was between Hillary and the major news media.

Quid pro quo.....how does it work?

Russian dressing period.

OP.  

Why would you introduce logic to this equation?  

These Anti-Russia folks are delerious.

I swear I've been transplanted back a few decades and now we are afraid of the 'Ruskies'.

LOL, it really is laughable.

lionsoul -

OP.  

Why would you introduce logic to this equation?  

These Anti-Russia folks are delerious.

I'm just not sure if the Russia conspirators have thought the whole thing through. 

What is trump getting out of this?

hes Rich and Doesn't need the money. 

no - one thought he was going to win- so it's not like the Russians guaranteed him a presidency 

amd there was no evidence of Russia interference in the primaries 

could someone fill me in ? 

What type of deal did they strike or how did they strike? 

CuddleBug -

What we know for a fact is that the deep state has a program called Umbrage whose purpose is to frame Russia for hacking by leaving fingerprints behind that incriminate them. So we are dealing with an entity that has and does engage in this action, but we are also relying on them to tell us who did the hacking.

Haha. I think we have different definitions of the word "fact"

altleft -
CuddleBug -

So you have reason to believe that the leaked material that nobody has disputed as being fake is indeed fake?

CuddleBug -
altleft -
CuddleBug -

So you have reason to believe that the leaked material that nobody has disputed as being fake is indeed fake?

More about this just hit the news today. Since you couldn't come up with an explanation for your point perhaps its simply that you really just didn't know the definition of the word "fact".

androb - Then why would the russians want to "collude" with his campaign in the 1st place?

Well, it costs the Russians very little to fuck with enemy countries' internal politics, and the payoffs can be big.

They've bought Marine le Pen, for instance, funding her campaign when no one else would.

She is not favored to win, but if she does, Putin will score a huge victory. He hates the EU and NATO, and Le Pen (after taking Russian money) has promised not only to recognize Russia's invasion of Ukraine, but to pull France out of both the EU and NATO.

It cost Russia a few million euros to place a bet on Le Pen, which is basically nothing for a country that size. But if she wins, super jackpot.

That Trump-Russia hypothesis is that this is what's happened with Trump. No one thought he could win, but it cost Russia very little to roll the dice.

Even if Trump can't do that much to help Russia, due to internal American politics, it's still worth it to them to have a friendly guy in the White House.

Trust - 

I don't think the Russians colluded with Trump's camaign, or Trump personally.  I do think Putin hates Hillary Clinton, and did not want her to become president, and that is not necessarily a bad thing because she was talking very hawkish in the campaign.  

I would not be surprised if Russia had obtained the DNC and Clinton server emails, and turned them over to Wikileaks to influence the election, but if that is what happened, it likely happened without any knowledge by Trump.  And so far no one has alleged that those emails were fake or doctored, which means, to extent they did influence the voting, it was truth that influenced the voters.     

Assange said his source was a non state actor FWIW.  

Hillary was calling for a No fly zone in Syria which put a big bullseye on russian military assets.  

this whole russian thing is a scam.  There is no there there.  

Yes russia spies and hacks, just like every other nation does to every other nation.  But there was no collusion with trump.  Its just a narrative the blue team wants to keep alive in order to justify their campaign of delay and obstruct.   Its disgusting.  

Good post

It’s called pointing the finger. The democrats point the finger at Russia whenever they can’t explain away their own failures.

It happened in 2016.

It happened in 2022.

1 Like

if the former president of the US was indeed a russian agent, would it not be important enough that they should still be talking about it, investigating, and punishing russia over it?

the president of america - a russian agent.

I guess that is not important anymore nor is the fact that evidently there is a serial gang rapist on the SCOTUS.

THis is exactly why democrats are vile subhumans

1 Like