Russia Vs USA was AwesomE!

Eilers fighting out of the ring was crazy!

I was surprised he continued....tough guy...

I think they language barrier hurt some cases for the russian trainers...

Here's my post from another thread:

Although Gambaryan and Semenov are a part of the A Team, the rest of the guys were either:

Young Prospects:

Komkin: legit badass who, very unfortuately, did not get to fight.

Goliaev: who is a good striker, but not really a MMA fighter yet.

& Bal: a very green kid who was not ready for this.

or...

Middle of the Road Types:

Kaznovski: a hit and miss kinda guy.

Veselovzorov: who can be exciting, but just isn't a killer.

Allaudinov: who is developing along ok, but is still not one of their top guys, by far.

Zentsov: who was on a nice win streak recently, until Michael Knapp stopped him at the last 2H2H event.

Bogdanov: who I knew had a good punch, but was more of an out-of-shape 205 lber. At 205 he is a very dangerous puncher, but lacks any real ground skills.

or...

Two Members of their A Team:

Semenov: who is still tough as nails, but his acting career has long since become his first priority.

Gambaryan: who has world class grappling skills, but is extremely enigmatic when it counts.

If they venture back for another go, I can guarantee you we'll get a full line up of their killers to equal things out a bit.

BTW, Congrats on the show, Miguel!

Thanks sub.

Overall, your assessment is OK. Assuming the first time the fighters were all together was the weigh ins, I think this is the way the RD read there opponents:

ergei Bal vs. Chatt Lavender - They gave Lavender a good shot at winning.

Mikhail Bogdanov vs. Justin Eilers: They were happy with this one.

Alexei Veselovzorov vs. Brian Ebersole: They like there chances on this one.

Sergey Kaznovski vs. Ron Faircloth: They like there chances on this one.

Sergey Goliaev vs. Rich 'No Love' Clementi: they thought they had at least a 50/50 shot.

Arman Gambaryan vs. Chael Sonnen: They like there chances on this one.

Musail Allaudinov v. Derrick Noble: They like there chances on this one.

Andrey Semenov v. Trevor Prangley: Prangley worried them, but Semenov was there to fight and he rose up to the occasion.

Roman Zentsov v. Travis Wiuff: They werent sure, they knew they had a punchers chance.

One of the proudest things that happened was one of the Russian fighters said to me in broken english 'your fighters have big heart' after the show.

The sportsmanship shown among both the American and Russian fighters was awesome. There was much respect all around.

The Russians watched as the Americans trained and the Americans watched as the Russians trained. Fighters ate meals together.

All fighters came to fight. No one looked for an easy out.

You're right, Miguel. There was a language barrier to cross, but when a Russian fighter points to an American fighter, flexes his bicep then touches his heart... that is a universal language.

"Chalangov can come and be submitted by Chris Lytle any time he wants"

lol OHHHH, hey now! I think that, although Ansar vs Chris would be a very good technical battle, I seriously doubt he would get subbed by Lytle. If he were to lose, it'd be by Chris being able to force the fight to be fought standing, and be by a TKO/KO, not by a submission. But, let me say this ... Chalangov has fought, and defeated two excellent strikers before as well (he got them down and subbed them). He (Ansar) looks to be the type of guy that is determined to get the fight down, and will take risks in doing so too.

Chalangov vs Lytle may be a lost cause now anyway, as it looks to me like Chris is becoming one of ZUFFA's favorite sons (they are giving him a "building up" fight at 47). :)

I am just glad that we are getting the chance to see these Russians on American soil, and hope like hell that it continues!

Russians and Dutch will indeed return to USA as 2H2H has announced that they will hold shows in Las Vegas and Atlantic City in the future. Their first US show is claimed to be between now and as early as October. We will see, but one thing's for sure, there will be Russians in there.

2H2H is running a big show in Ocotber, then the M-1 also will run in that timeframe.

Euphoria MFC will probably return to the Taj in November.

The show sold 2400+ tickets, and I feel like with entourages, comps and the like, that 3000 people saw the show. This is good work, for a first show.

To me, the worst thing was not seeing Denis Komkin - he looked solid, and D'Arce had been going hard for 6 weeks and looked pretty ready as well.

This may have been a deflater to the Russians early, as Komkin may have been the 3rd A guy, besides Gambaryan and Semenov. We'll see next time.

MIGUEL

Cant wait for the nxt show!

"Russians and Dutch will indeed return to USA as 2H2H has announced that they will hold shows in Las Vegas and Atlantic City in the future. Their first US show is claimed to be between now and as early as October. We will see, but one thing's for sure, there will be Russians in there."

You can bet I'll be there! I am in Vegas, and about 15 mins from the strip.

GALLERY

i was surprised that USA went 8-1 against the russians. i have watched m-1 from 1-5 and the red devil guys are tough. do they train at one location together or is red devil a franchise gym located throughout russia? you would be hard pressed i think to find 9 US fighters from one gym to take on 9 red devil guys (though i think MFS would match up rather well).

AndreKali9

"If the event took place on the european grounds the results would of been a lot different!"

Yeah it would have been 9-0 USA. The only Red Devil guys who impressed me were (don't know names):

1)The one who was giving Clementi everything but the kitchen sink.

2)The chubby Russian guy who hits like he's Igor Vovchanchyn. REEEAAAL HARD! Putting his opponent on the brink of getting KO'd and then making him fall out of the ring. LOL

3) The big Russian dude who knocked out so and so in like 20 seconds sending him flying into the corner of the ring.

ttt

Hey, Miguel; how come no video? This sounded like
an awesome show going in, and by all accounts, lived
up to expectations.

thanx for the link to the gallery!

1)The one who was giving Clementi everything but the kitchen sink. --- SERGEY GOLIAEV (excellent stand up).

2)The chubby Russian guy who hits like he's Igor Vovchanchyn. REEEAAAL HARD! Putting his opponent on the brink of getting KO'd and then making him fall out of the ring. LOL --- MICHAIL BOGDANOV (superior strength).

3) The big Russian dude who knocked out so and so in like 20 seconds sending him flying into the corner of the ring. --- SERGEY KAZNOVSKI (only fighter to require an XL pair of gloves).

awesome thread.

I will add, if I may, that the Russian guys had great personalities.

Goliaev, who I believe can stand with any UFC lightweight out there today, really worked the crowd when he pointed to Clementi before entering the ring. Clementi's reply read on his face-- he was ready to go.

Gambaryan was another standout in the personality department. He had both teams and the press laughing at the weigh-ins and showed good potential in the ring. Unfortunately, Sonnen's wrestling was airtight and you could see the look of utter shock on Gambaryan's face when Sonnen shot in and Gam's feet just disappeared from underneath him. He sat with me for the rest of the fights, and asked many questions about the fights as they played out. he's only 23 and seemed really eager to improve his game. If he can work on his takedown defense and ground game, he could go far.

Truly a remarkable show.

Chael deserves a lot of credit. I still dont quite have him sized up 100% - he is quiet, and really smart.

He is a loner, but he is observant. Gambaryan's antics played into his hands - the other guy was confident, and Chael had the poker face - he looked aloof and disinterested. I am pretty sure Gambaryan had a lot of confidence going into this one, and that at the end of ROUND 1 he knew that he had read Sonnen completely wrong.

And when it was on, Chael was precise - his wrestling was as good as he tells you it is, his positioning is strong, he is fit and he was not afraid to stand. He took punches, and stayed right in there, and he did damage.

I don't like Sonnen's attitude, but he is a good fighter.