Russian Air Force performed 64 combat sorties..

...engaging 63 Islamic State objects in Syria in last 24 hours.

That's what you call a hard day's work! Phone Post 3.0

Russia says all jets performing combat sorties over Syria returned to base safely Phone Post 3.0

Good job!

Phone Post 3.0

If true, that's how'll you get shit done. Phone Post 3.0

posting the number of sorties they flew proves they're "winning"? Phone Post 3.0

jacktripper - posting the number of sorties they flew proves they're "winning"? Phone Post 3.0
Where did you read that? Phone Post 3.0

In Phone Post 3.0

Their aim is to protect Assad. Not focus on ISIS. 

CDarwin - 

True but a strengthened Assad means harder for ISIS to expand.

Do people really think the alternative to Assad is a happy democracy??

Is that what people really think they're going to get with Assad gone?

Haven't we learned from Iraq?

Sometimes the evil you know is better than the evil you don't know.. Phone Post 3.0

You aren't going to accomplish much without putting boots on the ground unless you decide to level the place.

nsbm -
TzTinkle - You aren't going to accomplish much without putting boots on the ground unless you decide to level the place.

The Syrian army and Hezbollah are on the ground along with Iranian officers. Russia has reportedly put boots on the ground also, and likely will increase those numbers. Not sure what more you want.
http://english.alarabiya.net/en/News/middle-east/2015/10/11/Putin-Russia-does-not-want-to-get-involved-in-inter-religious-war-in-Syria-.html

"Russia would not deploy ground troops to Syria, where it has been conducting air strikes against what it says are ISIS targets, President Vladimir Putin said Sunday.
“We are not planning on doing this (conducting a ground operation), and our Syrian friends know about this,” Putin said in an interview broadcast on state-run Rossiya-1 television channel.

He also said Russia does not want to get involved in an inter-religious war in Syria. He also explained that Russia does not see a difference between Sunni and Shiite groups."

Published today. Phone Post 3.0

Not my article. Phone Post 3.0

What is more interesting context is that Assad trained some of these rebels to cause havoc in Iraq when the US was there. Really the US should stay out of it and let the Saudi's and Russians fight a proxy war. Obama never wanted to be involved in Syria so I don't know why he ever said the stuff he did about chemical weapons and Assad must go.

nsbm - 
CDarwin - 

Please show evidence that Russia hasn't focused on ISIS targets and has only focused on anti Assad forces, and try not to cite the Jew York Times when doing so.

Didn't NATO basically say they were focusing on both isis and non isis targets?

It makes sense, isis isn't the only threat to Assad they are just the most organized at the moment. There are smaller groups fighting isis that are being killed also. Interesting situation overall

Never_rolled - 
Butt Hurt - Do people really think the alternative to Assad is a happy democracy??

Is that what people really think they're going to get with Assad gone?

Haven't we learned from Iraq?

Sometimes the evil you know is better than the evil you don't know.. Phone Post 3.0

This won't be popular but history shows us why these middle east strongman dicktasters are needed. They hold back the crazy. I have to admit I was for getting rid of Saddam. Once I saw how that went I changed my tune with Gadaffi. Mubarak kept things tight in Egypt too. Better the devil you know then the angel you don't know. Western democracy doesn't work in these countries.

Yup, if it happens organically so be it. Us arming people to have them be a hundred times worse so we can go to war with them 20 years later doesn't seem ideal

nsbm - 
CDarwin - 

Please show evidence that Russia hasn't focused on ISIS targets and has only focused on anti Assad forces, and try not to cite the Jew York Times when doing so.

You know Russia and Assad's Syria are allies? Why would they focus on ISIS rather than all anti-Assad forces?

We are upset because the couple thousand people we are secretly training are probably getting killed also

nsbm - I'm sure the usual suspects will be here soon to tell us how Russia hasn't hit any ISIS targets, and that they're actually allowing ISIS to take more Syrian territory.
I don't think they want Isis taking more ground , they are attacking everyone that isn't the established government .

West wants Assad gone prop up gov w pro west leader .

East wants Assad To stay to support eastern interests Phone Post 3.0