Russian Invasion Results?

It's about to start, figured I'd throw up a thread just as it is about to kick off.

Anyone?

tomorrow bro...

lol Yeah, I just checked and was like "oh man!". I feel slightly retarded now.

lol....just over excited thats all.it happens to the best of us.

Sherdog has the fight going on tonight.

"Friday night the Red Devil Sports Club will unleash their team against 10 of Americas up-n-coming MMA fighters on the Russia vs. USA Mixed Fighting Championship card also known as the Russian Invasion show."

lol its tomorrow!!!!

Weigh-ins finished a couple of hours ago.

Full coverage at fcfighter.com

I picked Chatt to beat Bal by late sub, possibly even a TKO (strikes from mount). Seriously, if Chatt were to get hooked up with someone like Cam, or even The Singer Bros ... he'd be one of the top guys at 170 lbs, no doubt in my mind at all. He just needs hard, tough, daily training to bring it out.

Eilers is too big for Bogdanov (who hits hard for 200 lbs, but Justin will be too much at approximately 240 lbs) and will probably end it early via a GnP attack from mount (Bog seems a bit clueless once it hits the ground).

Prangley is my darkhorse, a guy who could easily steal the show with a great performance against the tough Russian, Semenov. I am going with Trevor via a late TKO stoppage, as the attrition of Prangley's relentless attack should take it's toll on the smaller man.

On the Chael vs. Arman match up: It can go two ways ... either Arman will come in flat (like he sometimes does) and lose via a GnP attack, or ... Chael will come in overly aggressive and get caught with a sub from guard by Arman (who has excellent subs when he is on game). I say Arman will be flat, and loses the decision.

The guy Clementi is fighting is more of a kickboxer, who has had limited success in MMA. I am going with Rich via a late KO/TKO.

Unless D'Arce suprises me with a sneaky sub ... I see a long night for Joe against the hardnosed, badarse Komkin. This guy (Denis) is out there to end it, and as soon as possible. I think this fight will be one of the better ones of the event.
Komkin via an early TKO.

I was back and forth on the Monson vs Zentsov match up, and was finally settling on Monson getting a decision over the hot and cold Russian ... However, now we have an even bigger wrestler in there versus Roman in Travis Wiuff, and I see a short night for Zentsov now. Wiuff by early GnP stoppage.

OK, I am out for a bit ... I will try to do the other matches when I get back.

*edited for a few errors*

thanks sub wrestler, now there is a fan that knows his stuff! Wicked!

Subwrestler-DRC is out but I am totally disagreeing w/ you that Komkin would TKO DRC early. I've seen Komkin fight 3 times, what are you basing this opinion on? His agressiveness? I don't think you know that much about DRC's skills. He has 3-0 record in kickboxing and a BB in BJJ under Renzo. The kid is a much better rounded fighter than the kid you saw in Pancrase. Joe could definately stand w/ Komkin and if the fight hit the ground, DRC has a HUGE advantage. I would go as far as to say that, other than the Clementi fight (I agree w/ you there, i like Clementi to win big) he is one of the few Americans that I am convinced would win. You picked the Americans to win every fight except DRC's. This show is being put on by Russians, paid for by Russians, it's naive to think they aren't gonna win a fight :) I hope you are right by I just don't see it.

"Subwrestler-DRC is out but I am totally disagreeing w/ you that Komkin would TKO DRC early. I've seen Komkin fight 3 times, what are you basing this opinion on? His agressiveness? I don't think you know that much about DRC's skills. He has 3-0 record in kickboxing and a BB in BJJ under Renzo. The kid is a much better rounded fighter than the kid you saw in Pancrase. Joe could definately stand w/ Komkin and if the fight hit the ground, DRC has a HUGE advantage. I would go as far as to say that, other than the Clementi fight (I agree w/ you there, i like Clementi to win big) he is one of the few Americans that I am convinced would win. You picked the Americans to win every fight except DRC's. This show is being put on by Russians, paid for by Russians, it's naive to think they aren't gonna win a fight :) I hope you are right by I just don't see it."

Well, lol you obviously have your opinion, and I have mine regarding this subject.

I am basing my opinion off of seeing Joe vs Misaki, and Denis vs. the sub machine Ansar Chalangov, his submission of Palhares, and his brutal TKO of Hisamatsu. Yeah, I think Denis' aggression would be a big factor if D'Arce and Komkin do ever get it on ... as I feel Denis' stand up is quite a bit above Joe's. I do not think Joe's ground is any better than Chalangov though, so I do not see him catching Denis in a submission. Good fight, but I'd have to go with Komkin via TKO.

As far as the other fights go, which ones do you feel the Russians will win? I have seen almost all of the Russians fight.

I think Goliaev's kickboxing may keep him in it for a while, but in the end ... I see Rich with a TKO win late (GnP).

Bal is not on a par with the other Russians. I am going with Lavender - sub, or TKO late.

Then there's Mikhail Bogdanov, who, from his weigh in photos, looks absolutely zero like the man I saw fight on a M-1 tape (he appears to have put on a ton of fat for this fight), so I have to go with Eilers even more so now that it appears Bog is sorely out of shape. Eilers early -GnP from mount.

In the Gambaryan vs. Sonnen match I do feel Arman stands an excellent chance of taking that one. Chael is mainly a GnPer who has been caught with subs from within guard before, and Arman has very good subs when he is mentally into a fight. I think Chael may win this battle, but wouldn't be suprised if Arman pulls off the submission either. My official pick is Sonnen - GnP decision win.

Noble is a battle tested warrior, and should not have a very hard time getting Musail down and out of there fairly early. I'd be very suprised if Allaudinov were able to survive, much less win this one. I'd much rather had seen one of the Legion fighters make the treck here to face Noble ... Islam Karimov would have been much better, IMO. Noble by early TKO - strikes from mount.

Veselozorov vs. Ebersole could be a dangerous fight for Brian. I feel he (Ebersole) will attempt to take Alexei out of his game (stand up, although he has a lot of submission wins) ASAP and get it down early (Brian's strength) for a GnP TKO win. One thing though, Veselozorov has a pretty good guillotine so Ebersole has to be careful on the way in. Ebersole - early GnP stoppage.

Kaznovski vs. Faircloth is fairly even, but I think Kaz is a bit more well rounded. I'll go with Kaz - by decision.

Prangley vs. Semenov will be exciting, I just feel Trevor's strength, wrestling, and hardnosed style will eventually wear Andrey down. Prangley by late TKO (depending on how badly Semenov gasses), or possibly a decision.

Zentsov vs. Wiuff is an easy one for me to pick. Travis is too big, and will use his wrestling to put Roman on his back very early. Once it goes down, I do not see Roman lasting too long after that. Wiuff - early GnP TKO.

Just to let you guys know, this is NOT the Russian's A Team. Not bad, but not their best.

great info guys. There is coverage of the weigh-ins up, along with the card change of D'Arce's fight dropped, at www.fcfighter.com

see you at the show.

Good stuff, Loretta.

Thanks for the coverage! :)

Oh yeah: "253-pound Kaznovski" Wow, he's bulked up quite a bit recently.

he's huge and extremely initmidating looking. With size alone, Faircloth will have his work cut out for him. Zentsov is a teddy bear, so friendly. All of the Russian guys are nice though.

sub, how do you know so much about the Russian fighters?

Sub-Like I said, I don't think you know enough about D'Arce skills in you are just basing your prediction on the Misaki fight. Joe's standup is enormously inproved since then, you'll see. I think alot of these fights can go either way and conditioning will be a factor in alot of the fights. here are my predictions

Travis Wiuff vs. Roman Zentsov: Depends how the fight goes. Wiuff is alot bigger. If it goes to the ground, I like Wiuff, if it stays standing, Zentsov has a shot. Travis is a late replacement so i wonder if he is in top shape. If I had to bet, I'd take Wiuff but this fight is a tossup

Trevor Prangley vs. Andrei Semenov: I like Prangley by submission. Semenov makes a ton of mistakes and gets caught in alot of bad positions. The only thing is, again Prangley is a late replacement and to beat Semenov, you have to be in good shape because Semenov is tough. But I love Prangley is this one.

Derrick Noble vs. Musail Alaudinov:I think this fight is one of the fight the russians can win. I this is an even fight that can go either way.

Chael Sonnen-Arman Gambaryan: Another tossup. I think Sonnen can get the takedown for sure. I totally agree w/ Subwrestlers thoughts on this fight. Sonnen by GnP dec or Armen by sub from the guard.

Rich Clementi-Serguei Goliaev: I love Clementi here. I think he will control the fight from start to finsh. I think Goliaev will have to keep it standing and I don't think he can do that against Rich.

Sergei Kaznovski-Ron Faircloth:I like Kaznovski to beat Faircloth. I just think he is better all-around than Ron.

Sergei Bal-Chatt Lavender: I like Lavender to win only because Bal is kinda green and Lavender has been in the ring w/ some good fighters. But if Bal won, it wouldn't surprise me.

Mikhail Bogdanov-vs. Justin Eilers: I'm taking Sub's word that Mikhail is outta shape. there is nothing worse than an out of shape super-heavy. Eilers.

Alexei Veselozorov-Brian Ebersole:This is one of the fights I think conditioning will be a factor. Alexei has the edge in the stabdup so if Brian expends alot of energy trying to get Alexei down, I think Alexei can pick him apart late. Should be a good fight.

Any results yet?

tonight at 7

"sub, how do you know so much about the Russian fighters?"

I have been following the Russians for a few years now. I started out on my own, digging around for tapes, etc... I even established a contact with one of the Red Devil executives. Then, PagoniZonda helped me out immensely in recent times (he has great insight, and a full library of Russian events on tap). I feel they are, by far, the most rugged athletes in MMA right now. These guys compete in a ton of smaller events around the Dagestan region, Combat Sambo tourneys (like MMA with a GI top on), etc... They are extremely well versed in battle, and hard to beat with their "never say die" attitude.

I'd really like to see the A Team make the trip next time though. (note: Semenov & Gambaryan are A class, and Komkin is an excellent prospect ... but the others are not really considered as being their best).

Good picks Savbo!