Russian strength training manuels

Hey HERTS,

WOW...you must really dislike Arthur Jones. You're totally wrong about his research but that's another discussion.

Let's stick with the last couple things...

YOUR FOURTH: I did not say they trained O-lifts eccentrically, nor did I say that they even used NAUTILUS equipment. I clearly answerd your questions in my statements above. They practiced the specific lifts for the technique practice needed, and built the bulk of their program around basic strength training exercises using heavy negatives.

YOUR FIFTH: I only mentioned that stuff because you asked the question yourself about if it had been used or not. So, it was you that started that train of thought.

I've also already explained all I can about my Yessis ideas. Do I really need to recap for you?

1. I was told by a former client who knew him (Yessis)  that he did not speak Russian. I never said it was true, not true, factual. Just shared something I heard.

2. I never said that I speak or spoke Russian, nor did I say that I persoanlly noticed any mistranslations. I said that I personally had not found anything of value for me in the books that I read. Nothing more, nothing less. Not really sure why you are taking my own observations about all this so personally. You are a smart guy, you can come to your own conclusions. Our feelings on the subject do not need to be in agtreement.

If you disagree with me, or voice your own observations about a book etc...I certainly wont argue with you about it...They are your observations.

TAKU

Taku, you said verbatim

"Michael Yessis was literally translating (or attemnptng to) Russian texts using a Russian-to-English dictionary. He didb't speak Russian. His books (from what I've read) are nothing much to bother with."

As if it were fact. You are implying he did poor translation, or had poor understanding of russian literature and methodology. (If you werent implying this, then what is the point of making such a statement?)

You have a history of doing this; making a bold criticism, then backpeddling when contradictory evidence is presented, admitting you didnt verify your sources transferring fault- it may be prudent to verify your sources in the future before making such statements again. Or at least paraphrase it in a way that includes your source, instead of stating it as fact.

Here's his bio...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Yessis

And another...
http://www.elitefts.com/education/training/yesis-article/

(I guess he conned the boys at Elite FTS too- they say he's fluent in russian?)

Here's one of the video's MG was referring to where Dr Yessis is serving as an interpreter for Dr. Anatoliy Bondarchuk.

I do not see him using a dictionary, do you? Do you believe some trickery is involved here? Perhaps a russian interpreter was hidden, and conveyed the translation to Dr Yessis through sign language maybe?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrjiNjEUDj8

Hey HERTS,

I just shared my opinion. I said multiple timse following the first post that it was my opinion, I never said it was fact. I shared multiple times that these are things I had heard as well as these were my feelings about it.

I am sorry if my words are triggering for you.

This is one of the problems with reading other peoples words. There is no tone, facial expression, body language etc. Communication is difficult. There is literally no way for you to know if I was implying something was (is) a fact or not.

Clearly you are taking this stuff personally for some reason. I am not, and do not take anything that is said to me on this forum personally.

If you are a fan of Michael Yessis work...that's nice for you. Please continue to read and enjoy the works of those you've found interesting. I will do the same. 

PAU for NOW

TAKU

Taku, your first post says nothing of the sort.

Another one of your historical habits is you have an endless supply of excuses that attempt to deflect fault at anyone but yourself whenever you F up.

Even though I disagree with your hollistic approach to training, I bite my toungue in an effort to maintain a respectful tone in this forum, but you've become an annoyingly persistent tick that just cant resist criticizing or chiming in when someone is interested in something that doesnt agree with your anti-science hollistic-philosphical bro-science based approach to training, at some point I have to open my mouth, enough is enough.

Keep on back peddling dodging questions and not taking responsibility for your words and misinformation, keep on churning out world beaters** by having your clients do their allegedly superior arthur jones inspired one set to failure once weekly routines so they will continue to break records besting those silly athletes and coaches who use periodization or more than one set, keep on making unsubstantiated criticisms based on hearsay, keep on periodically sharing bogus information based on hearsay "Big Zeke" told you at the gym while stating it as fact, and keep on downplaying anything or anyone that advocates successful training methods and research that do not coincide with your mindless unbeatable HIT protocol that does not work for the vast majority of the population and is not supported by the bulk of empirical data, research, and real world practice with athletes.

Good luck.

At this point, I'm convinced your the GOAT troll on this forum.

** Being a middle-senior aged personal trainer with decades of experience, you should have dozens, dont you? I mean given that tens of thousdands of these silly athletes have been training in an inferior way according to you?

HERTS,

WOW...you seem really angry or upset about something. Not sure exactly what...Did somebody steal your milk money?

I don't intend to continue on this thread as it's just you, making a lot of ad hominem attacks. I am sorry that my opinions offend you so much.

You seem to be taking this stuff really personally. As I already said, I don't.

I am honestly laughing at your comments.

Thanks for bestowing upon me the GOAT honor.

I hope your mood improves...it's not fun to go through life all cranky.

Best of luck to you moving forward...

TAKU

In Russia weight lifts you Phone Post 3.0