ruutu

anyone see ruutu go for single leg into the anhle tock, then reverse to toe hold at the end of the period? showing his martial art skillz, too bad they lost the game, kiprusoff was on, kind of a shitty goal they lost on too

He is a thug. I hate the guy.

Dracul

He's to much of a pussy to be a thug.

That was sweet, he looked like Frank Mir.

That pussy dropped Blake ;-)

We were laughing at that watching the game all "wtf is he doing that for?" (edit - re: the lecklock)

He may be an instigator a-la Tikkanen but the guy isn't afraid to drop the gloves either, unlike some others.Gotta give him credit for that.

He drops the gloves against other euros who throw slaps not punches. That shouldnt be looked at as a positive thing. When he starts dancing with guys that know how to lead, then it will be different.

Blake though, should be absolutely ashamed of his performance in the fight. Though I still say it was more of a slip that took him down and he got tagged on his way down. Either way, it was a huge emberrassment not only to him, but north americans everywhere.

You just hate him cause he's a Euro, the kid plays like a North American.You're way off on the "only drops the gloves against other Euros" thing, only THREE of his 22 fights have been against Euros, with him only dropping the gloves first on one of those three.

This year alone he fought Dimaio, Gelinas, Blake, Pisani, and also Hannan in the preseason.He was actually going after Shelley when Ling stepped in and dropped the gloves first (good thing for Ruutu imo lol).He's a middleweight by NHL standards so that's a pretty respectable bunch to tangle with.Last year he fought Blake, Stevenson, Ling and even bloodied big ol' Mike Grier with a knockdown uppercut in a scrap.He's fought Claude Lemieux, and Reid Simpson in the past as well.

I think you need to look a little past his birthplace and any "hype" you've heard, he's fought some respectable guys for sure.

lol, you only like him because he plays with nucks. I hate him because he is a fucking pussy, and a euro (which goes hand and hand). He does NOT play like a North American. He plays like a dirty little euopean bitch, but he just happens to spot pick fights, which the others tend not to do. I hate matt cooke as well who is a North American but rather similar to ruutu. So I dont hate just because he is european.

Oliwa is european and I dont hate him. I dont think he is a great fighter, but he is respectable and fights respectable opponents, and most importantly, plays respectable. Now Oliwa plays like a North American.

Now I'm not saying that ruutu should go out and fight the same caliber of guys that Oliwa fights, but go out there and fight some people that have acutally fought before, and quit being such a dirty fag.

Look at the dudes he has fought:

Mikael Holmqvist - 1st/only career fighting major

Fernando Pisani - 1st/only career fighting major

Sergei Zholtok - 2nd career fighting major

Dmitri Kalinin - 3rd career fighting major

Rob Niedermayer - rarely fights, and he aint that good at it either

Scott Hannan - Not a fighter, best thing you can say about him is that he is North American (and most of his few fighting majors came against rutuu)

Mike Grier - Not much of a fighter but is big and strong so I'll give you that

Craig Rivet - He'll go and it'll be exciting, but he aint very good at it. not very good at all.

Claude Lemieux - dirty sum bitch, doesnt fight much, but is average. The best thing you can say about this is that he managed to get claude to fight

Ling and Dimiao I'll give you. Blake is an emberrassment. Gelina fights less than once a year, but is decent. Jeremy Stevenson, Reid Simpson, Rick Berry, Willie Mitchell, and Jason Smith are respectable.

so thats like what, 8 respectable fights? I havent seen all of these, but what do you want to bet he flopped, or hugged his way out of an ass kicking in most of those?

*edited for spelling*

Ok first he "only fights euros" then when proven wrong the guys he fights don't fight enough?

You can't compare a heavyweight goon like Oliwa to a middleweight guy like Ruutu, apples and oranges.The fact is he's a grinder, and an agitator and very good at it as witnessed by your hate of him ;-).He just happens to be different than many others in his situation because he'll actually answer the bell and usually doesn't hurt his team by doing so.He's not a "fighter" but i like the guy because he actually will fight.He's not one to hang on, he actually tries to win when he does fight too.Simpson roughed him up pretty good but Ruutu was game and kept swinging right to the end, that's the way he normally fights too, the guy gets that big grin and tries to win not hang on or flop.

"When he starts dancing with guys that know how to lead, then it will be different."

You and i have just both shown that he has and does do so.Not too bad of a card honestly for a guy that's not a scrapper.

"Ok first he "only fights euros" then when proven wrong the guys he fights don't fight enough?"

A pretty good percent of his fights are against europeans and since a VERY small percent of euopeans actually ever fight, that says alot. I wasnt proven wrong, I knew he didnt fight ONLY euros, it was a figure of speech. He fought more euros than anyone else has. Guys that fight typically fight with other guys that fight. Its pretty weak when a majority of his fights come against non fighters.

"You can't compare a heavyweight goon like Oliwa to a middleweight guy like Ruutu, apples and oranges."

I wasnt trying to compare the two, I was showing that (trying to anyways) I dont hate every player from euroland, or just the ones that play physical. And I used Oliwa as an example of a euro that I dont hate that plays like a North American (probly the only one that plays like a North American).

"The fact is he's a grinder, and an agitator and very good at it as witnessed by your hate of him ;-)."

He is very good at being an agitator. EVERYONE hates him, cept those that are in love with the nucks. Hell, alot of nucks fans hate him too. Him and Cooke.

"He just happens to be different than many others in his situation because he'll actually answer the bell and usually doesn't hurt his team by doing so."

He answers the bell, but most of his fights this year were instagated my himself against said euros and those that rarely fight.

"He's not a "fighter" but i like the guy because he actually will fight. He's not one to hang on, he actually tries to win when he does fight too."

Of course he is going to try to win and not hold on against non fighters. He'll make himself feel big and look good by whooping up on them. He didnt hold on against Blake, who isnt a fighter but will go usually once a year,so I give him credit for that. But jesus, Blake should never fight again if he does that bad against someone like him. Someone like Blake should have blasted ruutu.

"Simpson roughed him up pretty good but Ruutu was game and kept swinging right to the end, that's the way he normally fights too, the guy gets that big grin and tries to win not hang on or flop."

He was hangin on against Gelina, trying to tie him up. It was pretty obvious he knew he was gonna get spanked.

"Not too bad of a card honestly for a guy that's not a scrapper."

His card wouldnt be that bad if it werent for the fact that most of it is made up of non fighters and/or euros. His job isnt ONLY to fight, but fighting is typically at least a small part of an agitators/energy guys job. And they typically fight other agitators or middleweights. He does not.

Avery, the King of agitators this year, has a much more impressive card (though his card isnt great either)

Laperriere, another energy guy, has a very impressive card, though he had an off year this year.

"A pretty good percent of his fights are against europeans "

THREE out of 22 in his career, that's not a good percentage.I fail to see where you can't understand that point.You've said many times before you don't like the guy because he only drops the gloves against Euros.I know you're not exactly literal with that, but he rarely ever fights any Euros so your misconception about the guy has been very wrong.

"but fighting is typically at least a small part of an agitators/energy guys job"

That's what he does, he's not like Cooke who i'll freely admit should drop em far more often.He's more like a Gelinas but one who fights more often.He's probably the only Euro agitator/non goon with a fight card anything near as impressive as his.

Every Canuck fan i know loves Ruutu, hell even guys like Hrudey admit he's a guy you love to have on your team but hate to play against.

Call him an idiot or whatever, hate him as much as ya like it's all good, but i stand by my point that he's not a pussy.He's a guy that will stand up for himself and his shenanigans, he doesn't run away or shy away from taking his lumps.One of the only Euro players to play like that and actually fight (besides Oliwa)

He's a pussy. A big, rather ugly, pussy. And I hate him. If he ever gets traded, one day you will hate him just like me (maybe even more depending where he got traded to), and for the same reasons.

about 29% of his fights this year have been against euros. Try to find someone with a percentage that high (Not counting people that fought Oliwa or Nazarov despite the fact that Nazarov couldnt fight his way out of a wet paper sack).

You're just in love with him because he is on your team. There isnt anything terribly wrong with that, just as long as you arent sucking his dick every post like our resident avs fans do with forsberg. ;-)

At least we can agree that Brookbank and May rule.

Show me another Euro agitator that fights.He isn't out there to be a "fighter", almost every one of his fights are instigated by someone else dropping the gloves.The only "Euro" he started a fight with this year was Zholtok and that was after Zholtok was getting in his face.Other guys start fights with him because they figure because he's a "Euro" and maybe they can take him.LOL@29%, while technically right he only had two fights with Euros this year and only one of them he actually started the fight.He almost never starts them but will willingly drop the gloves and is game if someone else does.How many other non-fighters like him would have a go with Reid Simpson and even while getting beaten still try and throw down the whole time?

If you watched him play more, you'd probably be a fan as well.Same with a guy like Ville Niemenen (sp?), i appreciate that he's a shit disturber and he plays hard and pisses people off.He doesn't play for Vancouver but i still like the guy.I like him even more when he takes penalties against us lol.

Ruutu plays hard, hits anything that moves, and stirs shit up.Last night he was a wrecking machine, even the Flames fans i was sitting with apprecaited his effort and how he plays.He'd be like Theo Fleury if he actually fought, or Ken Linesman, or Tikkanen etc.

Not "sucking his dick" just pointing out your misconceptions about the guy.Besides this thread i rarely mention the guy in posts unless he's had a good game.

Petrovicky is another european agitator that fights. And even though I dont like him either, I dont hate him. At least when he fights, he fights respectable opponents. He also isnt a very good fighter. Infact, he sucks, but at least he will fight other middleweights and people that fight every once in a while.

I dont expect ruutu to be a pure fighter. But when he fights I expect him to fight guys that are at least like himself, and not go after non fighters. Most of his fights were instigated by himself, reguardless of who dropped the gloves first. Now, when a non fighter is being a cocky bitch and/or just needs a healthy beating to keep him in line, then by all means whoop some ass. I love it when that happens (which is rare, though it happend recently with iginla and ohlund), but that is not the case when ruutu fights the non fighters.

"How many other non-fighters like him would have a go with Reid Simpson and even while getting beaten still try and throw down the whole time?"

Well, lots of guys in his catagory would. He is not the non fighter you make him out to be, he is an agitator, and most real agitators fight around 5 times a year at least (give or take a fight or 2). When I say fighter, I dont mean a guy who's sole purpose it is to fight, I mean a guy that fights maybe 3-5 times a year at least, whether he sucks at it or not.

"If you watched him play more, you'd probably be a fan as well."

I hate him because I do watch him play. The agitators I'm a fan of are least decent fighters, and fight against respectable opponents (ie. Laperierre)

"Not "sucking his dick" just pointing out your misconceptions about the guy."

I have no misconception about him at all.

"Besides this thread i rarely mention the guy in posts unless he's had a good game."

This is true.

Wow, he will drop the gloves with Rob Blake, cause he fights a lot. The best defenseman in the league doesn't need to and should not fight. It is faggots like Ruutu who try and pull this shit. Best fighter he fought was Todd Simpson. Until he fights the Worrells, Laraques, Oliwas, Brashears etc, he is a thug coward who fights people who are not "fighters". Turst me, I know about this, we had one on our team, his name was Claude Lemuix. It was cool for a year, him pissing people off etc, but even as a fan it got really fucking annoying cause when he would fight, which wasn't often he would get killed. Enjoy this Ruutu stuff for a year or two, but hopefully as hockey fans even the Canuck fans will get tired of his pussy antics.

lol Dracul