Ryan Bader deserves his shot

If Gus gets a rematch, that'd be a travesty. It'll prove the UFC is protecting Ryan Bader.

Thus is Ryan Bader's time.

Gus had his shot. Ryan is way overdue for his world title shot.

Give it to him. Everyone wants to see the Bader vs DC chess match.

Dana, please don't mess with Ryan's destiny. It is his time.

This is the Bader Era. Phone Post 3.0

Yes, Bader deserves it. He is on a 5-win streak.

Gus is 1-3 in his last four with the only win being Manuwa.

No

- Dana White Phone Post 3.0

DFW will feed Bader to AJ or return bout with Jon Jones in attempts to derail. Phone Post 3.0

jonnierockets20 - DFW will feed Bader to AJ or return bout with Jon Jones in attempts to derail. Phone Post 3.0
This proves that becoming champion can also be attributed to favoritism. Phone Post 3.0

dillpickle - Bader is #3. DC x Jones need to clear the air. Winner gets Bader.
What about is there to clear did you see their flight? Join never lost his title Phone Post 3.0

jonnierockets20 - DFW will feed Bader to AJ or return bout with Jon Jones in attempts to derail. Phone Post 3.0
Yup. Classic Egg. Phone Post 3.0

Bader for sure and I don't even lie him much. Phone Post 3.0

I think Bader beats AJ as long as he can survive round 1. Will be a snooze fest after round 1 but he will get the w Phone Post 3.0

Nobody is suggesting Gus get a rematch, right? Phone Post 3.0

Even if Dana said straight up that Bader is next in line it still doesn't mean anything.

i had no faith in him til tonight

Bader KO's DC with the sneaky right hand as DC shoots. Phone Post 3.0

There should be 0 chance Bader doesn't get a title fight.

5 Straight.

3 straight against guys ranked 6th or higher which is 3 more wins against top 6 guys than some fighters have who have fought for the title (Alexander).

4 straight against ranked guys.

That being said, I offer the following 3 reasons why a title fight won't/shouldn't happen.

1) His fights are boring. His wins are wins, but they are boring wins. Dana has shown he doesn't reward wins, he rewards excitement.

2) He lost to Tito. Dana hates Tito. No way he wants to risk the possibility that their champion has a loss to a guy who finished his UFC career 1-7-1 with the only win being Bader. Imagine the field day Tito has with that over in Bellator.

3) Remember the movie Multiplicity? Remember the 3rd clone Lenny? That is Bader. He is a clone of a clone of DC. His strengths are the exact same strengths as DC, just not as good in any one area. Both are powerful wrestlers who have had to learn to strike with minimal submission skill. Bader just isn't as good of a wrestler, has less versatile strikes, and isn't a real threat to submit Cormier so there is little chance he wins a fight between the two of them.

Rantuckjr - There should be 0 chance Bader doesn't get a title fight.

5 Straight.

3 straight against guys ranked 6th or higher which is 3 more wins against top 6 guys than some fighters have who have fought for the title (Alexander).

4 straight against ranked guys.

That being said, I offer the following 3 reasons why a title fight won't/shouldn't happen.

1) His fights are boring. His wins are wins, but they are boring wins. Dana has shown he doesn't reward wins, he rewards excitement.

2) He lost to Tito. Dana hates Tito. No way he wants to risk the possibility that their champion has a loss to a guy who finished his UFC career 1-7-1 with the only win being Bader. Imagine the field day Tito has with that over in Bellator.

3) Remember the movie Multiplicity? Remember the 3rd clone Lenny? That is Bader. He is a clone of a clone of DC. His strengths are the exact same strengths as DC, just not as good in any one area. Both are powerful wrestlers who have had to learn to strike with minimal submission skill. Bader just isn't as good of a wrestler, has less versatile strikes, and isn't a real threat to submit Cormier so there is little chance he wins a fight between the two of them.

Dude. Bethe Corriea just had a title shot. Next week number 8 and 10 ranked fighters get one.

Bader deserves a title shot more than nearly anyone getting one in any other division. Phone Post 3.0

Signed

Give Bader his shot he's earned it Phone Post 3.0

I agree man, I don't see how you deny him at this point. I've always hated his fights and thought he was the stiffest, most robotic striker ever. He looked like a different person last night though. He is still working hard and good for him. Seems like a likeable dude and although I still won't be the least bit excited for him in a title fight, you just HAVE to give it to him. Phone Post 3.0

It's the Okami dilemma. Solid, top tier fighter that's not particularly exciting to watch and poses virtually no threat to the title holder, yet continues to string together wins and cannot be ignored.

The only thing stopping Bader getting a shot is Jones coming back.

Bader is definitely next in line after that.

Fairly sure UFC will want jones vs DC if they can. Phone Post 3.0

WHAT TIME IS IT? IT'S TIME! IT'S BADER TIME! Phone Post 3.0