Ryan Couture signs with Bellator

http://www.fightline.com/ryan-couture-signs-fight-contract-bellator/

Randy Couture’s son, Ryan, is headed to Bellator. The promotion announced during Friday’s event that they had signed the 31-year-old.

Ryan Couture (8-3) has won his last two while competing for Battlegrounds MMA in Oklahoma. He fought twice for the UFC, falling to Al Iaquinta via decision and Ross Pearson by second round TKO.

Couture started his career with six wins in seven fights, including a four-fight win streak to conclude his Strikeforce career under the watchful eye of Scott Coker. Coker is now the new president of Bellator.

Randy Couture is a former UFC champion who signed a contract with Viacom and Spike TV. He has appeared on Bellator-related programming in the past, but never as a fighter.

LOL

Remember when Dana White fed him to Ross The read Deal Pearson in his UFC Debut because dana hated his Father

Hopefully Ryan will succeed at Bellator. He definitely didn't belong in the UFC, he was way out of his league. Wish him the best.

Another tuff n uff vet Ryan couture is def on my radar. Phone Post 3.0

tiki121 - LOL

Remember when Dana White fed him to Ross The read Deal Pearson in his UFC Debut because dana hated his Father

catching a fight like Ross Pearson in your UFC debut isn't the result of someone hating your father, it's the result of the LW division being very deep with talent.

There was no time to baby Couture and bring him up slowly. He was an older, lowly-regarded prospect that needed to show immediately if he could, or could not, hang.

I don't know, I think I disagree. Even legit prospects aren't getting debut fights like that. Phone Post 3.0

tiki121 - LOL

Was Pearson even top 10? Idiots on here make him sound like a contender. He's never escaped the middle of the pack. Phone Post 3.0

If Eddie Alvarez jumps to the UFC now we know why. Pure unadulterated fear Phone Post 3.0

Ryan can hang with good guys. See his fights with Heun, Noons and Duarte. Those are all talented guys.

Hopefully he continues to improve. Seems like a nice guy.

Couture will do good. You can't judge someone's real skill on a Ufc level. They are all to good. For example Kingsbury, anyone that knows or trained with him knows he's a monster. Not everyone gives him that because his skills are nullified in the cage with another great athlete. Kinda hard to explain... Phone Post 3.0

HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe - I don't know, I think I disagree. Even legit prospects aren't getting debut fights like that. Phone Post 3.0

Jeff Joslin was given Josh Koshcheck as a debut when Josh was top 10, so there are crazier debut fights.

I do agree it's bad matchmaking but one thing to consider is that the UFC is obligated to give guys fights within a certain timeframe or they have to pay them regardless. So sometimes peoples rankings won't align as they should with their opponents but when you've got hundreds of fighters you need to get fights for within a certain timeframe stuff like that happens.

Another thing to consider is that Ryan had fought in strikeforce numerous times, so he essentially was fighting in the big leagues against some pretty good opponents.

DanTheWolfman - I agree with Fabes on this thread, and everyone go to groundskillz.com....that is skillz with a Z
Why? What's there? Phone Post 3.0