MMA Underground Forums

Ryan Ford to Aggression MMA?

Ryan Ford leaving the MFC, again?

By Administrator

David Stanford
- It has been confirmed by multiple sources contacted by MMACanada.net that Edmonton based Aggression MMA is set to announce this afternoon at a press conference that they have signed Ryan “The Real Deal” Ford (13-3) to a contract to fight for the promotion. The details surrounding the move are unclear at this time however Ford is also expected to make a statement at the press conference.

Fans may rightly be taken aback by this report as Ford is currently midway through a four fight deal with the Maximum Fighting championship that he signed just last September and is/was due to run out at the end of September 2011.

When contacted by this website MFC representatives stated that Ford is still under contract with the organization but would not comment further. This turn of events is unlikely to sit well with MFC President Mark Pavelich; however the public will have to wait for an official statement from the organization before his reaction is known.

Should it pan out that Ford becomes a new member of the Aggression stable, as it appears it will, the signing of one of the region’s biggest names positions the organization well to make a big impact on the MMA landscape in Western Canada in 2011, particularly in light of its recent purchase of the TFC which will serve to consolidate some of the top talent in the area under one banner while simultaneously removing a direct competitor from the market place.

MMACanada.net will be at the Aggression MMA press conference Friday afternoon to bring you the official details, comments and the rest of the news that promoters Harvey Panesar and Moin Mirza have promised is in store. Keep it locked!

http://mmacanada.net/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1977&Itemid=49

PR was released and is on the UG somewhere. The Pav's dont seem to think that Ryan will be fighting anywhere else any time soon.

Money talks. I heard they bought his contract for a large sum.

Ryan “The Real Deal” Ford signs with

Aggression MMA

By: Top MMA News Staff <!--BEGIN .entry-content-->
<!--

-->

Aggression MMA LogoAggression MMA LogoIt’s official. According to a tweet by Aggression MMA today, Edmonton’s Ryan “The Real Deal” Ford has signed a deal with Aggression MMA. It will be interesting to see what unfolds as earlier today the MFC confirmed that Ford is under contract with their organization until the end of September 2011.

Aggression MMA is gaining some serious momentum in Edmonton following an announcement last week that they had acquired TFC (The Fight Club) – another Edmonton promotion. Aggression MMA also announced Josh Hill vs. Diego Wilson for the first ever Aggression MMA Bantamweight Title.

Stay tuned for more details as they unfold and we hear back from Top MMA News staff at the Aggression MMA Press Conference currently underway in Edmonton, AB.

http://topmmanews.com/2011/01/21/ryan-the-real-deal-ford-signs-with-aggression-mma/

Well, we have Mark here. He could settle this easily for us.

Aggression MMA signs Ryan Ford, books bantamweight title fight and changes venue

By Administrator <!-- Subscribe
a2a_linkname=document.title;a2a_linkurl="http://mmacanada.net/dev/index.php?option=com_content&amp;task=view&amp;id=1982&amp;Itemid=49";

-->

ImageDavid Stanford - Aggression MMA held  a press conference this afternoon and as expected it was announced that Ryan "The Real Deal" Ford has left the Maximum Fighting championship and has signed to fight in for Aggression in the main event of their next show which is on March 11th; although an opponent was not named. The promotion also announced that Diego Wilson and Josh Hill will be fighting for the promotions first ever bantamweight title at the next event in March.

In addition to the news of their new signing and title fight, Aggression promoters Harvey Panesar and Moin Mirza also announced that they are moving to a new venue starting with their next event which will be held at the Shaw Conference Centre. The venue was used previously by The Fight Club, which was acquired last week by Aggression MMA.

It was not announced at the press conference but MMACanada.net was able to obtain confirmation that Aggression will be switching from holding their fights in a ring and going forward will use a cage.

http://mmacanada.net/index.php?option=com_content&amp;task=view&amp;id=1982&amp;Itemid=49

mmafa.tv/blogs

Posted by: Jon Luther on Jan 21, 2011
Tagged in: Untagged
Jon Luther

MMAFA.tv has learned from sources close to the situation that a legal dispute between fighter Ryan Ford and Mark Pavelich, owner of Maximum Fighting Championship (MFC), has gone on for some weeks. This is in stark contrast to a press release statement from the promotion claiming that "The Maximum Fighting Championship and its legal representation have received no letters, emails, phone calls or communication of any kind in any attempt to resolve this matter."

Ford’s representatives have made more than ten attempts to resolve the dispute with Pavelich and his representatives, dating back to October 30, 2010, including more than 4 formal letters and a draft of a settlement agreement.

Pavelich released a press release today just prior to arbitration claiming that Ford has accused the promotion of racism and is likely sidelined with the MFC until his contract expires. Ford’s camp claims that the relationship between Ford and Pavelich is contentious and has disintegrated for reasons beyond business.

The dispute between Ford and Pavelich originated from Ford's claim that he was not paid sums due and owing under a promotional agreement with the MFC. According to the agreement, Ford was eligible to sell tickets for MFC events and in turn receive a percentage of the tickets sold.

Ford alleges he sold tickets totaling $21,560 for MFC 27 which took place in late November, 2010. Ford claims the promotion has refused to pay him his due amount of $2,695, a percentage of his ticket sales guaranteed to him in his contract. Additionally, Pavelich now claims that Ford owes the promotion money.

Speaking with MMAFA.tv, Pavelich claimed that he is not allowing Ford to fight with any other promotion until contract expiration. Sources have confirmed to MMAFA.tv that Pavelich has allowed other Canadian mixed martial arts promotions make offers on Ford’s contract but has demanded unreasonable and exorbitant amounts, making the purchase impossible.

Ford’s camp claims that he has no intent to fight for the MFC in the future and that all trust with the promotion is broken. Representatives from both groups will convene in an attempt to settle the matter via arbitration in the following days.

From the UG;

Ryan Ford Goes in on Pavelich in this interview:

“He says I’m the one who is crazy? Well that is because I’m not living in his little world. I’m living in the real world. He’s just being Mark Pavelich: the weirdo, bipolar, schizophrenic… you name it. The reason I signed on my manager and my agent in the first place was because Pavelich was taking advantage of me. He was trying to be my friend and be my promoter at the same time. At the beginning of my career he was my manager and up until my eighth fight he had only gotten me one sponsorship deal. He took all of the other sponsorships for himself.”

“I owe him money? For what? He is the promoter and I am the fighter. I don’t pay him; he pays me. People don’t understand that I know Mark Pavelich, but I know him. We had a close relationship at one point and I was at his house all of the time. And yeah, he’s crazy. The guy is crazy.”

“Watch on February 25th, and look at the crowds. It is funny how they stopped selling their tickets with ticketmaster and now they just sell the tickets themselves. If you look at the crowd I guarantee you, unless he comped a bunch of tickets, it will not be as packed as it is when I fight there. I helped him build his brand in Edmonton, and that’s where he does his shows.”

read the rest of the interview here:

http://www.mmafa.tv/home/blogs/ryan-ford-responds-to-mark-pavelich.html

This should be entertaining......

Seems to me like Ford & the Pav's are perfect for each other.

lol

1armedScissor - Seems to me like Ford & the Pav's are perfect for each other.

Wow, another athlete who doesn't honour contracts. Suprise. Like it ir not that was what he signed to. If he doesn't like it then he can sue for money lost etc but he signed the contract of his own accord.

Also, if a guy does something on concession like ticket sales and comes through on his end, pay up. That's good business.

These 2 nut jobs deserve each other, their both greedy and dont have alot of Morals!!

I think the key here Dougie is accountability. If Ryan Ford signed a contract and both people fulfilled it, there should be no issues at all. If the guy feels like he was stiffed, which he clearly does, then they can hammer it out. Promoters should honour contracts as well as athletes.

canuckmmafan - I think the key here Dougie is accountability. If Ryan Ford signed a contract and both people fulfilled it, there should be no issues at all. If the guy feels like he was stiffed, which he clearly does, then they can hammer it out. Promoters should honour contracts as well as athletes.
Contracts should be honoured by both sides. Agreed.

Didn't this already happen once?

Ryan Ford Signs with Aggression MMA, MFC Fires Back with Possible Court Proceedings to Follow

Ryan Ford at MFC 26

Ryan Ford

Jay Cutler and Josh McDaniels.

Albert Haynesworth and Mike Shanahan.

Terrell Owens and any team he’s ever played for.

Some relationships in sports were just not meant to be, and that seems to be the case between Canadian welterweight Ryan Ford and Mark Pavelich, owner of Maximum Fighting Championships.

The pair have now teamed up on two separate occasions to work together, and it seems to have soured once again as Ford has exited the MFC and signed on with another Canadian based promotion, Aggression MMA.

Ford first worked with the MFC in 2007 and went on to fight for them for a total of 8 bouts before a falling out between the fighter and the promotion saw him exit. He re-signed with MFC and buried the hatchet with Pavelich and came back for two more fights, but now he’s gone once again and this time the proceedings may end up in court.

Aggression MMA held a press conference on Friday to announce Ford’s signing with the promotion and that he would headline their March 11 card in Edmonton. Beyond anything else, Ford sounded happy that the dark cloud hanging over his head has seemingly been lifted, at least for the time being.

“My agent Steve Gavin was talking with them and set something up, and now Aggression is the future for Ryan Ford,” Ford told MMAWeekly.com

They’re good guys, straight up and straight forward with you, and they want to take care of their fighters. Steve was dealing with my contract and stuff and things weren’t going right, and that’s why I’ve got an agent with me because before I was doing everything for myself and I was kind of getting messed around, so that’s what I pay him now to do.”

MMAWeekly.com was able to obtain several pieces of literature exchanged between the parties, and it appears a contract dispute was happening for several months between Ford and the MFC, and to this date no resolution has been reached.

Ford maintains no ill will towards Pavelich or the MFC, and says he just wants to move on with his career and concentrate on fighting.

“After my second fight, I guess Steve had been talking with Mark Pavelich and I know things weren’t going right with the contract. I guess it just wasn’t working out so, I’ve got to feed my family and I’ve got to fight, so we decided to get on board with Aggression,” said Ford.

“I don’t want to talk bad about the guy or anything. He does what he does, and I’m going to do what I do and just being there, there’s too many distractions heading up into a fight. I’m just there to fight. I’m not there to be your No. 1 ticket seller, and all this stuff. My job is to fight, not to push tickets.”

Ticket sales apparently were at the heart of the matter between Ford and the MFC, while the organization maintains that he simply wanted out of his deal and they are willing to go to arbitration to make sure everything is handled legally.

Pavelich goes on to say that he notified the Edmonton Combative Sports Commission to try and prevent Ford from fighting on any other shows in the province. Ford’s agent, Steve Gavin, had a very simple message for Pavelich regarding the press release, which also stated Ford had claimed racism from the promotion during this ordeal.

Mark in general should be much more careful about what he says to people,” Gavin said.

Full article;

http://mmaweekly.com/ryan-ford-signs-with-aggression-mma-mfc-fires-back-with-possible-court-proceedings-to-follow