Ryan Hall out of Ige fight

Too bad. He’s so inactive and seems to have a hard time getting opponents to agree to fight him

https://www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/exclusive-interviews/ryan-hall-details-the-injury-that-forced-him-out-of-dan-ige-fight-wants-jeremy-stephens-in-april/

God damn it.

One of my favorite fighters. Feel like he's the UFC's Matthew Stafford. Just talent being wasted for years and years. 

1 Like

2 Likes

I'm not sure why ranked guys would be unwilling to fight him. What, is everyone afraid he'll heel hook them? In 4 UFC fights he's finished only 1 guy. He's a BJJ whiz who wants to get the fight to the ground but only lands 16% of his takedown attempts. He lands only 2.3 significant strikes per minute. 

He wants to fight Stephens, who is currently on a 4 fight losing streak. 

His 4 UFC fights were against:

• Darren Elkins, who was on a 2-fight losing streak (and the streak would go to 4).
  • BJ Penn, who was on a 5-fight losing streak and hadn't won a fight in 8 years.
  • Gray Maynard, who had lost 4 of his previous 5.
  • Artem Lobov.
2 Likes
Universally - 

I'm not sure why ranked guys would be unwilling to fight him. What, is everyone afraid he'll heel hook them? In 4 UFC fights he's finished only 1 guy. He's a BJJ whiz who wants to get the fight to the ground but only lands 16% of his takedown attempts. He lands only 2.3 significant strikes per minute. 

• Darren Elkins, who was on a 2-fight losing streak (and the streak would go to 4).
  • BJ Penn, who was on a 5-fight losing streak and hadn't won a fight in 8 years.
  • Artem Lobov.

Simple answer: he’s an ugly fight.

Strikers will have trouble working their craft against him, and most MMA grapplers aren’t anywhere near his level with leglocks. For example, BJ Penn might have been washed out when they fought but still, Hall is the only person to have a submission win over him. That’s legit.

1 Like

I'm wicked bummed :-(

1 Like
Universally -

• Artem Lobov.

Stephens is still ranked #8 though, nothing wrong with calling out a top ten opponent. Only other top ten opponent available i believe would be Zombie, who he’s already called out and got blown off

Kattar unquestionably needs time to recover. Emmett recovering from a bad injury. Allen fighting Yusuff. He’s probably aware the UFC won’t give him Zabit or Max (and any top five guy) at this stage. Stephens makes sense 

UFC apparently has removed him from the rankings, so I guess now he can call out just about anyone willing to fight him.

They haven't updated their rankings web page (he's still at 14 there), but he's no longer in the rankings in their app.

https://cagesidepress.com/2021/02/11/ryan-hall-out-dan-ige-rankings/

Well now he can go another year and cry that no one will face him.

2 Likes

At ryans age & fighting so little he should consider just not training. I mean doin cardio but avoiding contact to take out the chance of getting hurt. He’s missing his window

Bill Mahoney - At ryans age & fighting so little he should consider just not training. I mean doin cardio but avoiding contact to take out the chance of getting hurt. He's missing his window

this

Between not getting fights and pulling out of fights fuck him. Not worth the effort imo 

1 Like

Read the article 

Sucks. I love unorthodox fighters that are still effective. Can't seem to get it right with him.