Ryan Hall vs Brian Ortega

In MMA and in BJJ.

We know Ortega is the shits right now and everyone fear his BJJ with an ever improving stand up. 

But in terms of the BJJ, Hall wouldn’t be shook as he has the better accomplishments when it comes to pure BJJ competition. Hall also has improved stand up but maybe not as explosive as Ortega. They are also in the same weight class.

Ortega is a much more marketable as some UG members refers to him as “dreamy”. Hall, not so much.

These 2 are the 2 most dangerous submission artist in the 145lbs division.

Will we ever see this fight happen?

And how do you see it play out?

Bjj Hall

Mma Ortega

Ortega keeps the fight standing and Hall continuously flops on his arse. Ortega by decision.

Ryan hall eventually breaks his back from continuously flopping over and over. Doctor has to stop the fight. 

BrowBeaten -

Ryan hall eventually breaks his back from continuously flopping over and over. Doctor has to stop the fight. 

Good insight!!!!

could happen....

Ortega is pretty big for that weight class.  I don’t like Hall and his butt flop.  He is afraid to hook it out. 

Ryan wins in pure BJJ.

I think the MMA fight could be closer than expected. But T-City is too big for Ryan.

That would be sweet, except it would be a step down for Ortega. He is about yo get the money now. Shoulda done it sooner, but he popped. People forget that wgit cause he is cool and he owned it. But it happend.

Isn’t Hall basically cut without being cut? I haven’t heard much about Ortega competing in BJJ so you have to give that to Hall. Same way you have to give mma to Ortega. No contest from simultaneous triangles is a possibility. 

Wilders of the Lost Each -

Would be a fucking awesome fight. Hall by sub. 

No matter how tightly a shut my eyes, and how hard I strain my imagination.... I absolutely CANNOT envision Brian Ortega being tapped. 

I think Ortega Tko's him late in the fight, or wins a unanimous decision. In pure grappling, Hall wins all day.

BrowBeaten -
Wilders of the Lost Each -

Would be a fucking awesome fight. Hall by sub. 

No matter how tightly a shut my eyes, and how hard I strain my imagination.... I absolutely CANNOT envision Brian Ortega being tapped. 

I'm sure he's been tapped by plenty of people at Hall's level. Just not in MMA, and Hall wouldn't tap him in MMA either.

cantuna4u - That would be sweet, except it would be a step down for Ortega. He is about yo get the money now. Shoulda done it sooner, but he popped. People forget that wgit cause he is cool and he owned it. But it happend.

People tend to be more forgiving when someone owns up to their first one. Weird i know. 

This fight doesn't make sense at the moment but could be interesting in a year or so. 

Ortega knocks his fucking head into a direct tv satellite just before hall tries to flop. 

This is going to be unpopular, but I think Ryan Hall is better than Ortega everywhere. I'd give it to Ryan in BJJ or MMA. I think it was just Frankie's time to lose and Ortega is going to get embarrassed against Max. 

Ortega is twice Hall’s size.

I thought I heard Hall had been holding out for a top 15 opponent. Big mistake if true. He has the skills to beat anyone, but only if he actually fights them. People just forget about you if you don't fight. So who in the top 15 would take a fight with someone no one cares about, who is an extremely difficult fight?

Good fight. I’d watch it.

Ortega vs khabib will happen in next 2 years. When they both dethrone the current champs. Now that would be a fight. Wrestling vs bjj 

I think Ryan would win, but the UFC doesn't want creative fighters