Ryu from streetfighter is based on...

nottheface -
ShanTheMan -
MarkRobinson - 
ShanTheMan - I always thought ken was a brown haired white guy until recently the new games really make him look super azn
Kens not white?

Wow... You think you know someone and boom. Phone Post 3.0

Shit...i meant Ryu. Ken definitely is a cracka
Seriously, how many white guys named "Ryu" do you know who rep Japan in the world fighting tournament? Phone Post 3.0
Well fuck I got the game as a kid. I just never thought about it. All the fighting tournament guys I knew growing up were named cletus or skeeter. Only asians I knew were named alex and rae chon. Phone Post 3.0

Ken has a white father and Japanese mother, he is half Japanese. In the anime (if you are an anime fan, watch it!) Ryu is pronounced Ree you, but I always pronounced it was Rye you. Vtfu, for the first link. Upon my research it is based on Yoshiji Soeno because he fought Thai fighters (in Thailand, like Ryu did with Sagat) and than fought in an all Japan karate tournament where there were people of different martial arts such as boxing, kung fu and muay thai.

In conclusion, Shoni Carter uses the martial art style invented by Ryu.

nottheface - 
ShanTheMan -
MarkRobinson - 
ShanTheMan - I always thought ken was a brown haired white guy until recently the new games really make him look super azn
Kens not white?

Wow... You think you know someone and boom. Phone Post 3.0

Shit...i meant Ryu. Ken definitely is a cracka
Seriously, how many white guys named "Ryu" do you know who rep Japan in the world fighting tournament? Phone Post 3.0

Did someone say Dux? like put up your Dukes?

That settles it then. The legendary Dux Ryu is pronounced "Dux Ree-You."

Not "Dux Rye-You."

Stop embarrassing yourself, stop saying rye you Phone Post 3.0

AnchorTomTucker - Stop embarrassing yourself, stop saying rye you Phone Post 3.0
Its been like 20 yrs man, all my nerd friends have probably been making fun of me since the 3rd grade. Lol fuck Phone Post 3.0

DaveFu - You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.
I always wonder who this Shenlong guy is... Phone Post 3.0

ShanTheMan - 
AnchorTomTucker - Stop embarrassing yourself, stop saying rye you Phone Post 3.0
Its been like 20 yrs man, all my nerd friends have probably been making fun of me since the 3rd grade. Lol fuck Phone Post 3.0

1 day's worth of japanese language study would have saved you from years of embarrassment

NCar - Yoshiji Soeno, the founder of shidokan karate, an offshoot of kyokushin. I see that he is the basis but I can't quite see how or why, anyone got an article or link that would help me clarify?
You should watch the movie Fighter in the Wind. Phone Post 3.0

Phone Post 3.0

ShanTheMan -
The first step to recovery is admitting you have a problem.

Just giving you a hard time lol Phone Post 3.0

The Japanese players always sound like they are saying "roo"

Rye-ewe imo Phone Post 3.0

ShanTheMan - Quick question

I have always pronounced it Rye-you
A friend of mine says Ree-you

Who is right and who is the retard? Phone Post 3.0

I think your friend is correct but I actually say it the same way you do. Old habit.

grady -
ShanTheMan - 

1 day's worth of japanese language study would have saved you from years of embarrassment
I aint gon speak no chinese, boy. Not this merican Phone Post 3.0

-D0DG3R D0GG13- - Phone Post 3.0

Dyou? You gotta be shitting me?

So Dux Dyou then?