S.P.E.A.R. success story!!

Hey team,
not sure if Tony sent this around...check it out.

Hi Tony,
wanted to pass this recent little moment on real
quick (I thought you might enjoy it).

Per your recommendation I started my PDR type sessions with close friends (a friendly audience). I have been meeting with one of my oldest friends (Justin) on Sundays when we can swing it. After a few times his roommate (David) expressed some interest in joining us...I said sure!

I worked with David ONE (1.) time for an hour or two and we covered a little of this and a little of that. I introduced the S.P.E.A.R as a concept and a tactic. I went over the basics out side 90, sternum peck clavicle ("sweet spot") hand open, axis forward...etc. He loved it and expressed a keen interest in trying to get together on a regular basis.

That was two weeks ago and are schedules have not clicked.

He (David) called me last night very excited. Did Justin (my friend) tell you what happened? No, I tell him...what's up?

Well, He (David) was at this store when some guy who had apparently been stealing earlier that day came back in. He was causing trouble and obviously under the influence of something. He gets in David's face and gets kinda weird and wild. David says he should leave (he told me he was totally stressed by the guy, Dry mouth, queasy, sweaty palms). Suddenly the guy drops his head and shoots in with a tackle! David (who didn't even have his hands up) instinctively drops levels and blasts the guy right on the money with the S.P.E.A.R!! It knocked the guy back 5-6 feet and totally stunned him. The management called the Police, and David left(all stressed and amazed). He told me..."It just came out, exactly like you showed me. I didn't think about it, it was just there."

This after one, hour long S.P.E.A.R. intro.

I am psyched, and he cannot wait to start
learning more!

Liam.

Congratulations. That's what this is all about. If you read the LEO.MIL thread, you understand that what teaching needs to be a bout is the passion & desire to empower another.

Good stuff.

T

I absolutely love this "stuff."

Liam,

Excellent job!!!!!!

Keep up the good fight!

Sean

Liam,

This is what it's all about. This kind of incident shows the quality,insight and power of the S.P.E.A.R. system.

David is lucky he had you to teach him. We are all lucky to have Tony as a teacher,coach and mentor.

Thanks for sharing.

Mike

Finally the answer to all our self-defense-needs!

Sorry, Tony, i do not wish to bash anyone and am very happy for everyone being able to integrate the S.P.E.A.R into his toolbox (read: mindset).

It's just that when I saw that first post i knew what was going to follow. All Hail!

Once again: This is no criticism of your system. Just a reminder for everyone: Stay critical!

Coach Blauer and crew,

Here's yet another successful application of the
S.P.E.A.R.. Today, one of our fellow officers found
himself to be invoved in a situation against three
opponents, one female, two males. This officer using
his intuition and the three D's was able to establish
that the individuals were unwilling to co-operate and had
gestured towards an recently emptied liquor bottle as
an improvised weapon. The officer had, after the fact
stated that at this time he could have disengaged to
Defuse, but didn't as his ego had taken over. Very
perceptive of him, i thought.

The officer then attempted to physically control the
closest subject, the female, and was rushed by one of
the males. Using the female as a distraction and a
shield, he was able to hold off the male. The second
male then rushed the officer from his blind side
causing him to flinch, throwing the female into the
first male and turn towards the second male S.P.E.A.R.ing him.
Having seen that the officer not only possessed the
physical tools, but mental and emotional ones as well,
they gave up thier will to continue and were
subsequently arrested.

A brief history of this officer. He was introduced to
the S.P.E.A.R. System both through work and as a
student at our club. As a result of this interest, he
will be attending Coach Blauer's S.P.E.A.R. System
instructors course to be held in Hamilton, Canada.
Since my invovlement with him over the past 4-5 years
, i have found that he possess great warrior spirit
and will be a great instructor through Coach Blauer.

Again just another example of how powerful this entire
system is.

Stay Safe

Sean

Awesome stuff Sean, you and LArry form Bexar (San Antonio) could write a book on SPEAR vs. Badguys.

Keep up the good work.

T