SAD STATE OF BOXING

You could argue opinions back and forth but I think the commentators at the Jirov/Moorer fight summed up the current state of the Heavyweight Division. Stating that a past his prime fighter like Moorer is in line for a tilte shot (which is probably true) because he managed to beat a fighter who has lost his only two fights as a heavyweight!!!!

You cannot not listen to anything the Fox guys say. I mean they let Tom Arnold score the fights, and if a fighter lands a punch he'll score the round 10-7. Fox's boxing broadcasts have become a joke.

whatever, dude...

i watch the damn thing with the volume on mute when those guys are commentating... the only person who was worth listening to was james toney... the commentating on fsn is just as bad as the ufc, but who cares...

moorer is still ten times the boxer than wes sims, frank mir, tim silvia or cabbage is a mma'er...

i'd say boxing is in a much better state than mma...

Actually considering how long boxing has had to unify comissions and discipline shady judging (almost 100 years?), MMA is doing much, much better.

I was beng more critical of the quality of fighters. As far out in left field Tom Arnold was they sadly were probably very accurate about Moorer gettin' a title shot.

"moorer is still ten times the boxer than wes sims, frank mir, tim silvia or cabbage is a mma'er..."

A great big, HUGE, SO WHAT?!

"Actually considering how long boxing has had to unify comissions and discipline shady judging (almost 100 years?), MMA is doing much, much better."

1000% true!

Lets put it like this, before the fight even started, John Sally said Moorer had not been in the ring for three years. Counting 2001, Moorer has fought nine times, including a 30 second KO loss to Tua and a unanimous decision loss to Eliseo Castillo who had never fought anyone until that fight.

Moorer got the KO win against Jirov, but he is not back as they said. He was losing every round until that last headbutt opened up Jirov's eye. It looked like after that Jirov went into panic mode and did not stick to the gameplan he was using effectively. Believe me Moorer will lose when he gets in with one of the champions.

You are right though, if Moorer elects to sign over to Don King for the rest of his career, he will get a title shot will soon, but that is the only way he is going to get one.

Moorer has always been a slow starter, but last night he never got going till the headbutt...although he did smell blood and pick up the pace, he was losing handsomely until the last 1 1/2 roiunds of the fight.....he does not deserve a title shot IMO....