Sad to see Cain go.

I feel like he has always been one of the greatest heavyweights of all time and could absolutely go on another run. I posted on here when the match up was made that I hated Francis as the choice for his come back fight. I don't think a worse matchup existed. Trying to shake off the rust against that monster will no doubt end poorly. I think if given a better come back match up he could have been champ again. And I hate that we will never see him vs Stipe. What an amazing fight that could have been. I wish Cain well and understand he is thinking about his future and his families security but man I would have loved to see one more run at the belt. I hope he makes a ton of money in WWE. He is a good dude. 

3 Likes

Prime Sea Level Cain was arguably the best HWT Eva...

1 Like
Gomrad -

I concur. 

He's not in the GOAT conversation. Stop it. He's perhaps a top ten heavyweight but even that gets harder to see as time goes on. 

He's one of the top "imagine what he could've been" fighters ever. 

15 Likes
Malvert the Janitor - 

He's not in the GOAT conversation. Stop it. He's perhaps a top ten heavyweight but even that gets harder to see as time goes on. 

He's one of the top "imagine what he could've been" fighters ever. 

^^^^^^^^^

THIS

Gomrad -

Not if we're arguing with logic and facts. 

He had the potential to be the greatest. Sadly completely unfulfilled. 

I just hope he gets a new training program for WWE or else it aint going to last long.

1 Like

Hard to do non-scripted fights on one leg.

Healthy Cain is one of my all time MMA what ifs.

2 Likes

GTFO. Cain was a decent fighter but no was he ever even top 10.

2 Likes
Paulbtk - GTFO. Cain was a decent fighter but no was he ever even top 10.

And his chronically injured ass kept DC, a true GOAT contender, out of his best weight class.

1 Like

A shame. I wanted to see 44 year old Fedor serve him up for the years of hyperbole about Cain being the HW GOAT.

3 Likes

1 Like
Paulbtk - GTFO. Cain was a decent fighter but no was he ever even top 10.

loltrollasshole. the Cain who battered Bigfoot and Dos Santos was definitely one of the best hw's ever. that seems uncontroversial. 

1 Like

Hope he makes a shit ton of money in WWE

2 Likes

Hope he makes bank and stays healthy in the WWE. 

It's a shame he missed out on so much of his prime due to idiotic training methods which undoubtedly caused some of his injuries.  

Op I agree with you on mourning the fact we will never see Cain vs Stipe. Of all the possible HW match-ups this is easily the one I wish we could see. I wonder how many injuries wrastln will cause mr Cain now that he has more cadaver in his joints than his own flesh. 

Nytron -

Who in the UFC could stand and trade with Badr Hari?! Good GOD

No one. Thats one scary dude, problem is he tends to lose his head. K1 final against bonjasky. The fight with Hesdy Gerges. 

Maybe his coach for WWE will load up the leg extension machine again to 1000 lb's and tell him to throw the weight up.

1 Like

Stipe would beat any version of Cain.