Sakakibara responds to dana

" To say the truth,I hope UFC send PRIDE USA(10.21) Tim Silvia as opponent of E.Fedor.

but Tim run away,hahaha!!!

but it is reasonable,if These two men fight 100 times,Fedor get 100 win,haha" "

lmao!

thanks for the translation from japanese to terrible english. now can
someone translate the terrible english to english?

Saka speak truth.

UFC not good, but Pride very very good.

unless were talking about the 185 and under class of fighters, and in that case, Pride not so good, but UFC very very good.

Just stating the obvious for the bazillionth time

Fuck all those fools. Give us what the fans want!! We want Silva vs Chuck! fuck all you bitches! THey don't give a crap what the fans want, just to protect their little egos. Fuck all that!

Dont be ungreatful gorge, gryphon does alot of hard work, and does not have to post anything in english, he just does it for us.

And like I said if you cant get the jist of the interview you must be illiterate.

The only thing is that he states exactly why this would be good for Pride and bad for UFC. It does not matter who wins... If I were him I would have left this part out:

"This is nothing but promotion for PRIDE event.So I hope this fight""

UFC matches up bad with Pride fighters at everyweight except at 170 IMO.I dont see any of Pride's fighters beating Penn or Hughes in a cage.IMO Dana should seek matchups at this weight only.Any one of Pride's top 5 would finish Silvia.

"Dana is ass of hole"

Priceless!

"We can send Mirko Cro-cop to Nov UFC,It is my pleasure If Our opponent level are like this,no problem at all."

TTT

Kind reminds me of kindergarten when a little girl crying about the boy took her candy away while the boy insisted he didn't.

Actually I think the most interesting quote (if indeed from Sakakibara) is that he says ..."UFC No 1 in popularity not quality."

If that's a real statement from Pride then I think that goes to the issue of who makes more money.

Agree?

He speaks the truth. UFC is the minor league to Pride. It is simply a fact.

The only thing UFC has better than Pride is the welter weight division

Pride is desperate for a UFC publicity rub.

For most of the last 5-6 years UFC had no money and Pride was by itself and able to absorb almost all the top talent.

Now aside from Pride's problems with TV, UFC is making money.. LOTS of it. More than Pride. UFC is building a lot of talent.. Pride is riding high on talent they built 4-5 years ago.

The next few years is likely to see a lot more top names move to the UFC, and top prospects go to the UFC first for hopes for the biggest paydays, and exposure on the biggest market.

Japan is a big market, but the US consumer market is THE market.

Frankie for christ sakes can some of you not read.

What did sakakibara just say, they have offered, ufc rejected. What you just said was a question asked, sakakibara even said we will send crocop and silva no problem, so stop talking stupid.

This is bullshit.

And you guys are eating it up like candy. I have looked all over the internet and "gong magazine" hasn't been published since 2002.

If it is real the translation is pure bullshit.

i cannot believe the pride nuthuggery in this thread.

so because saki says it, that makes it true?

1. insiders and the MMA media at large have been speculating that the fight was never on to begin with.
  2. dana is RIGHT. Wanderlei just got his head nearly kicked off, he cant' fight in the states until at least december.

when dana white says he wants silva under contract, I BELIEVE HIM. why wouldn't you? god, you guys are really outside the logical world if you honestly believe that Dana is somehow interested in protecting Chuck, Rich, Matt, etc. from the "SUPEERIOR TALENT FEIILD OF TEH PRIDEFC!!!!~~!!11", because

a. he sent chuck over there in 03, remember? to fight (hopefully) the same guy he is apparently ducking now...
b. he consistenly sets up his champions with the toughest possible fights. hughes just fought the #3 WW in the world and is about to fight the #2 WW in the world. Franklin is about to fight A. Silva, and Liddell just chame off a rematch with Babalu and is facing Tito in december. these are the best challengers Dana can find, and it seems to me that every opportunity he gets to put tougher challengers in front of his guys, he DOES.

you don't get it. he (rightfully) believes that chuck is the best 205er in the world. he believes that chuck can beat silva. tim sylvia believes he can beat fedor. he can't, but he THINKS he can. these guys are PRO FIGHTERS, they aren't afraid of anybody.

jesus. bunch of fucking cavemen on this messageboard. were you goobers born yesterday or what? seriously.... this site should have an age minimum, no more 13 year olds.

"And you guys are eating it up like candy. I have looked all over the internet and "gong magazine" hasn't been published since 2002. "

Gong Kakutogi is STILL in publication.

rofl!, and lol at hackett

Daht-"......Now aside from Pride's problems with TV, UFC is making money.. LOTS of it. More than Pride. "-------------------------------I highly doubt that. Got proof ?? Does UFC sell out stadiums like Pride ? Are UFC PPV numbers higher than Pride's Japanese PPV numbers ? Can UFC afford the TOP yalent from around the world like Pride ?