Sakuraba Appreciation

Saku vs The Gracie Family

Remembering Grace

Saku knew how to take a bump.

Did anyone fight outside of their natural weight division more then Saku?

than*

1 Like

Carlos Newton vs. Kazushi Sakuraba by dm_5020627fda98c

One of my all time favorite fights.

1 Like

Kazushi Sakuraba vs. Vernon White by dm_5020627fda98c

Classic stuff

One of my favorite fighters ever.

In!

Sub Phone Post 3.0

A middleweight with the nuts to fight Vovchanchyn and Mirko in their primes. Fought Conan when Conan was a top heavyweight too.

Try to find those kinda fighters around.

The combination of skill, style and nuts was just spectacular.

Legend,hope he retires from MMA,continues to grapple!

BJ Penn Forever - A middleweight with the nuts to fight Vovchanchyn and Mirko in their primes. Fought Conan when Conan was a top heavyweight too.

Exactly this. Saku is one of the GOATs. Phone Post 3.0

Fuck PEDs, Fuck TRT.  All Saku needed was: Protein, Water, and Liquor.

Probably one of the biggest bad asses this sport has ever seen. Phone Post 3.0

BJ Penn Forever - A middleweight with the nuts to fight Vovchanchyn and Mirko in their primes. Fought Conan when Conan was a top heavyweight too.

He fought around 180lbs, which means the dude really should have been fighting at 170lbs. Saku had balls the size of grapefruits to fight Wandy 3 times, Rampage, Lil Nog, Arona, Manhoef, Vitor, and others.  This is why Saku holds a special place in fight fans' hearts.  He represented one of the first paradigm shifts in mma.  Saku along with Frank Shamrock, were a couple of the first truly well rounded fighters.  I'd love to see him at Metmoris in the future, but it probably won't happen.  Because it would be way too awesome to actually happen.  

1 Like

Another thing, I don't recall Saku ever making any excuses or bitching after a loss.  No "I over trained" or "I suffered an injury in training."  He never said, "My opponent is 2 or 3 weight classes above me."  When people talk about Budo in fighting, Sakuraba is Budo personified.  He will always be the MAN.

God Dammit.  I miss fighters like him.

Who else can walk out dressed as Super Mario?  Nobody.