Salt Lake City?

Need OG's help. Wife has friend that lives out there, planning trip to go in early to mid December. Is there enough snowfall by then for some good snowboarding? What's best area, Park City?

We usually go to Colorado but around Jan or Feb, when there's plenty of snowfall.

Anything else to do out there? Thanks in advance. Phone Post 3.0

SLC is better if you're into skiing and snowboarding than Colorado.

Alta and cottonwood canyon resorts are great, of course park city is too. Get ready to be aggressively raped on costs. SLC is really beautiful near the mountains it is the strangest place I have ever encountered. Phone Post 3.0

Rodizio.

Friendly Buddy - SLC is better if you're into skiing and snowboarding than Colorado.

Alta and cottonwood canyon resorts are great, of course park city is too. Get ready to be aggressively raped on costs. SLC is really beautiful near the mountains it is the strangest place I have ever encountered. Phone Post 3.0
Thank ya, VU Phone Post 3.0

Snowbird or brighton. Canyons too. Phone Post 3.0

Friendly Buddy - SLC is better if you're into skiing and snowboarding than Colorado.

Better than Colorado. Idiot Phone Post 3.0

Pablo Duke - SNOWBIRD All Day son!

Early Dec should be fine. If you like steep and deep, Snowbird is my favorite. If you want snowpark/skater stuff then Brighton is well known for that stuff. Backcountry or just never crowded go to Snow Basin which is a bit north of SLC.
Park City has decent places...$$$
but there are 4 major excellent resorts within 20-30 mins of the airport. PC is 30-45 past that.
Look up Big and Little Cottonwood canyons: Alta, Snowbird, Brighton and Solitude.
Lmk when you're headed out and I can point you to some good places for drinks and eats. Phone Post 3.0
Gracias Pablo, and lol @ better than Colorado from other dude, thought something was off there. Phone Post 3.0

lol @ utah being better than colorado. don't get me wrong, i fucking love utah, but colorado ski towns are just so much better. crested butte, telluride, breckenridge, etc...much more fun than anything in utah.

I recommend Telluride Phone Post 3.0

Rocky Dennis - I recommend Telluride Phone Post 3.0
Most beautiful ski town IMHO. Love Colorado.

But man, OP can't go wrong with Utah. Cottonwood (Snowbird, Alta), Park City, Canyons, etc Phone Post 3.0

It has already started snowing in the mountains. You will be fine in December Phone Post 3.0

Gugstanley - It has already started snowing in the mountains. You will be fine in December Phone Post 3.0
Great to hear! Phone Post 3.0

I agree with everything in this thread. Very quick time to get on the slopes and there is virtually no lines at the lifts 75% of the days you would go. Look up tickets on ksl classifieds website. You can almost always get a very good deal on the Warren Miller thing which includes 3 or 4 resorts.

If you like backcountry, and want to drive a (Colorado) distance from SLC, Powder Mountain is almost deserted every day. I have a pass there and we frequently have 3-4 chairs between single riders on the lift. Phone Post 3.0

mattsk42 - I agree with everything in this thread. Very quick time to get on the slopes and there is virtually no lines at the lifts 75% of the days you would go. Look up tickets on ksl classifieds website. You can almost always get a very good deal on the Warren Miller thing which includes 3 or 4 resorts.

If you like backcountry, and want to drive a (Colorado) distance from SLC, Powder Mountain is almost deserted every day. I have a pass there and we frequently have 3-4 chairs between single riders on the lift. Phone Post 3.0
Thanks Matt, just looking for closest and best place to snowboard near SLC, will only be there probably 5 days.

Also, what would y'all recommend easiest way to get snowboard out there? Check it? Ship it UPS? Or just rent?

Thx! Phone Post 3.0

Red Iguana has amazing Mexican food. Phone Post 3.0

Rhymenoceros - 100% just rent one. There are mid-mountain rental shacks, plus the usual stuff at the base and in town if you want a deal.

You can choose to ride something different every day depending on the conditions and whether you want to play at the terrain park or ride the groomers.
Ok, I like my board, won't be doing any terrain park, but didn't know if more economical to bring my own board as opposed to renting. Phone Post 3.0

What if you still don't have your Konica card by then?

Rocky Dennis -

What if you still don't have your Konica card by then?

Can I borrow yours, Mask? Phone Post 3.0