Sam Harris / Mike Cernovich debate is on

https://www.dangerandplay.com/2017/03/05/mike-cernovich-sam-harris-debate-challenge/

Sounds like they will be debating things political rather than religious.

Sam already said he never asked to debate him and that he had no intention of doing so.  

I like Cernovich alright but Harris would wreck him imo

Onikage - I like Cernovich alright but Harris would wreck him imo

He'd be defending Hillary which is a hard sell these days.

I've gone off Cernovich a lot lately since watching some of his live streams, there's something just weird and creepy about the guy. 

Technical Primates - 

I've gone off Cernovich a lot lately since watching some of his live streams, there's something just weird and creepy about the guy. 

I know he is but can't say I've read much by the guy.

When is the debate?  That link only shows some retweats

Onikage - I like Cernovich alright but Harris would wreck him imo

Why? Because he looked good debating CENK UYGUR?? He was willing to debate a clown like Uygur, and tried goading Abby Martin into debating him, but thinks maybe the most on the button journalist regarding the 2016 election is below him?

Rimbaud -
Onikage - I like Cernovich alright but Harris would wreck him imo

Why? Because he looked good debating CENK UYGUR?? He was willing to debate a clown like Uygur, and tried goading Abby Martin into debating him, but thinks maybe the most on the button journalist regarding the 2016 election is below him?

I just don't think he's very intelligent. Maybe I'm wrong.

Neil talked to him like a red headed stepchild 

Subbed

No debate is on, from what I've read from Harris thus far.

Lindsay PhDDD - 

As NDT Tyson takes 10 minutes to tell Sam Harris he is too wordy, and should craft his sentences better, Sam Harris pretty much blows it out of the water in about 30 seconds, by illustrating the REAL problem..it isn't his choice in vocabulary, but rather nefarious and opposing debaters trying to score a point.

I don't think NDT did well here at all. His championing of articulation was probably the least articulate thing I have heard him say.

jcblass -
Lindsay PhDDD - 

As NDT Tyson takes 10 minutes to tell Sam Harris he is too wordy, and should craft his sentences better, Sam Harris pretty much blows it out of the water in about 30 seconds, by illustrating the REAL problem..it isn't his choice in vocabulary, but rather nefarious and opposing debaters trying to score a point.

I don't think NDT did well here at all. His championing of articulation was probably the least articulate thing I have heard him say.
I get what NDT is saying, but I disagree. At some point, crafting a topic discussion has to have some kind of minimum level of complexity or you begin to lose the meaning.

At some point, dumbing down conversations to deal with those who either can't (or more likely refuse to) deal with things rationally greatly weakens what you are saying.

There's probably a happy medium, but I think Harris for all his faults as a speaker makes a reasonable and concerted effort to do that.