Sam Raimi directing World of Warcraft movie

What a waste of his talent.

As long as the is gnome sex I'll be happy.

If it's not a full CG movie, it's going to suck. Period.

i wish it was an old school cartoon!

Granpa - If it's not a full CG movie, it's going to suck. Period.

Because CG movies (at least the ones that go for a "realistic" approach) are always so good?

Rumor has it that Brad Pitt plays Dlondos Pally in it.

Bruce Campbell should play Thrall

There better be a Leeroy Jenkins cameo.

he's around. He seems bitter though.

I don't want to see actors dressed up as "orcs" or "trolls". Blizzard has AMAZING CG artists as evident by their promo trailers and intro movies. They should use them,

This is going to be a dogshit movie

Granpa - I don't want to see actors dressed up as "orcs" or "trolls". Blizzard has AMAZING CG artists as evident by their promo trailers and intro movies. They should use them,

It would take them like 10 years to make it.

MushroomHead - 
theseanster -  This is going to be a dogshit movie

Well, at least Sam Raimi is directing... so you know right off the bat it's going to suck ass, don't even have to bother watching if you don't want.

It would've been much worse if someone like Guillermo del Toro did the movie, cause then you'd actually have to go see if before knowing if it sucked ass or not.

LMAO - that makes perfect sense...kinda..

Well Played sir - i think.

Yes, but it will still be worth going for the people watching on opening night.

shibbytastic - 

You gonna gank someone in the queue then /spit and corpsecamp em :-)

Faxon - 
Granpa - I don't want to see actors dressed up as "orcs" or "trolls". Blizzard has AMAZING CG artists as evident by their promo trailers and intro movies. They should use them,

Yeah...they've already stated numerous times it takes them 3 years to do maybe 20 minutes of CG footage for Starcraft/Warcraft cutscenes.

For a feature film they'd need to quintuple their staff, and then quality might go down.

This movie is meh for me if only because it is of course going to be focusing on the Alliance...even when Thrall's story is much more compelling.

ferox13 - 
shibbytastic - 

You gonna gank someone in the queue then /spit and corpsecamp em :-)

I prefer the teabag to /spit.

No, it actually takes that long. They've said it.

Jockey - ^^ source?

The said it a while back...I think after showing off the Warcraft III trailer.

Granted their department has grown since then.

Still, I never mind blizz games being delayed. They do it right and try to deliver a quality project rather than be rushed to the market.

Faxon - 

i dont think it would. how is it different then any pixar or disney CGI film? If they went this route they would hire more people. Its not like Blizzard CGI is any harder to do then a Ice Age/Schrek type animation.