SAME DAY WEIGH INS NEED TO APPLY.

its bogus some fightes coming in 30 pounds heavier then others.and most of all its not safe.lets keep the fighters alive long enough to fight another day.

I couldn't agree more... it's a very unpopular opinion though... an insecurity has developed over the years where fighters fear fighting at their natural weight...

with same day weigh-ins, a fighter can still cut all he wants... he just has to deal with the consequences... and don't get me this bullshit about "health risk of fighting after cutting same day"... tough shit, there's health risk fighting a guy 30 pounds heavier than when he weighed in... solution: don't cut...

would LOVE to see the expression on so many fighter's faces when they realize they have to fight guys their own size...

I agree

Same day weigh ins mean more weight classes and that would suck big time

"Same day weigh ins mean more weight classes and that would suck big time"

why would it mean more weight classes?

why would you want to see two dehydrated guys in the octagon who would probably pass out before the end of the first round? Doesn't make for good entertainment,does it?

I think it would make for fighters who would learn they can't blow up between fights, and they'd fight at a weight more natural to their bodies where they woudn't have to dehydrate or starve themselves...

I know some athletic commissions are looking into it, realizing that fighters putting on 20 pounds in a day is not uncommon and has resulted in more lopsided and potentially dangerous matches than the current system... but the bottomline is that it's not the fighter's safety that is the issue, the issue is guy's missing weight and putting cards in jeopardy...

$$$$$

It would mean more weight classes so it makes it easier and safer for the fighters to make weight each time

"an insecurity has developed over the years where fighters fear fighting at their natural weight... "

I don't think thats it at all.

This is a topic i don't really feel strongly about either way. That said, i suppose i do feel it adds a little something to the science of the game. there's guys cut weight, then there's guys like Couture and Ortiz who simply have it down to a science and miles ahead of everyone else at it. shrugs no point whinging just because someone is better at that part of their training that you are, imo.

how does cutting weight, starving, dehydrating oneself, sitting in a suana define a part of training? why are olympic wrestlers, boxer, judo players, etc, able to have same day weigh ins and perform at their best? are they walking in dehydrated and crashing? what happened to a guys skill, talent, technique and work ethic determining the outcome of a fight moreso than what weight class he can fit himself into?

what happened to an athlete learning how to eat right and maintain an ideal weight?

I don't get it, but that's cool... to each his own...

"what happened to an athlete learning how to eat right and maintain an ideal weight? "

That's my point. Some of them do, and are just good at it.

it would mean more fighters fighting at their natural weight.i feel it would benefit the fans as a result of a better showing of each fighters abilities.

Its fair to all fighters. If a fighter feels he is to small for 185 he needs to learn how to drop to 170. When your in the pros you have to sacrifice to be the best. There are many boxers that come in 20 pounds heavier by fight time. Its the nature of sports where there is a weight limit and always will be. Plus its much safer for the fighters and they perform better.

15 pounds i would feel acceptable,as well as most fighters.but 25-30 pounds.thats getting dangerous.for both fighters.

Or why not have weigh ins two/three days before, so the fluid around the brain has a chance to be replenished?

why didnt i think of this?

Maybe they could trial doing both for a while, and seeing just how over the weight limit some of these guys are coming in at on game day?

Same day weigh ins will ruin the sport, period.

Fighters wont be able to make weight and be energized for the actual fight. The fights will be very boring and you will see your WWs as MW, your MW as LHW etc etc etc.

Fighters should fight at the weight class that is closest to their natural weight. IMO

The object in sports to give yourself the most advantage wihtout breaking the rules as possible. There isnt anything wrong with the rules as is, EVERYBODY does it. There isnt any unfair situations. Dont say diaz and riggs, that was a close fight.