San Diego bars with great beer selections?

Need OG expert advice. Gonna be in San Diego the week of Comic Con, and I'd love to find a bar with a killer beer selection. Staying in the Gaslamp District, but bar doesn't have to be there. Phone Post

Goto stone brewery store in west park I think. Pizza port also has good beer selection. Phone Post 3.0

Stone Brewery is VERY NICE. You'll need a DD since it is out of town by Carlsbad. 

Slater's 50/50 Phone Post

Depends on what vibe you are looking for. If you want chain Yard House downtown is cool and close to you. "The Neighborhood" has a vast selection of beer and awesome burgers!. There is also Karl Strauss which is also great. A little further away is Mission Brewery, used to be a mission for real and is one of the oldest building in san diego.

Thanks all! Much appreciated! Phone Post

I wouldn't go to stone. They only serve their beer and i don't think it's worth the drive. Any bar you find in the gaslamp should have a solid selection since San Diego has hundreds of micro breweries. I haven't been downtown in a long time ago I'm not sure what's down there but I think the rock bottom is on 4th Phone Post

Stone is worth the drive because the brewery has a restaurant and the botanical gardens. If you're burned out and want to get away, it is a very nice spot.

There are hundreds of bars downtown so i personally wouldn't drive to butt fuck Escondido to drink beer that is in most of the downtown bars anyway. Phone Post

I don't disagree with you. If he wants to get out of downtown and see something other than the beach (Pac Beach!), then it isn't a bad choice at all.

darkness66 - 

I wouldn't go to stone. They only serve their beer and i don't think it's worth the drive. Any bar you find in the gaslamp should have a solid selection since San Diego has hundreds of micro breweries. I haven't been downtown in a long time ago I'm not sure what's down there but I think the rock bottom is on 4th Phone Post

This guy has obviously never been to Stone or was really drunk when he went. They serve probably about a hundred different beers there. Great food and awesome garden. It's up in Escondido though. They did just open up a Stone near Liberty station. I haven't been there so I can't attest to the selection, but it's a quick trip from downtown in a cab.

Rock Bottom does not have a great beer selection.

Karl Strauss is great and you can grab their brews for a decent price. Knotty Barrel has about 20 drafts and 80 bottles and is downtown on market between 8th and 9th.

I've been to stone a couple of times. The last time i went was a few years ago but then they only served stone. I just really love being downtown and don't see why anyone would leave the gaslamp to drive to Escondido Phone Post

I'm not in love with downtown, but I agree about the drive sucking. That's why I mentioned the one in Liberty station; it would be worth the $15 cab ride to check it out in my opinion though.

They've had a good selection for at least three years and I would assume that they've always had other beers there since their brewery started out as a co-op with other brewers. Were you there before the built the big garden in the back?

Toronado

/thread Phone Post

Hamilton's
Toronado
Blind Lady Ale House Phone Post

COMIC CON! Phone Post 3.0