San Francisco

OG has hooked me up in the past, so headed to San Fran for first time.

Taking my wife and my two kids (15 and 10)

We will be there for 4 full days (Friday, Saturday, Sunday).

Even though I've never been, I'd like to have a "short list" of the things that we "cannot" miss.

Things that we should see do, set aside a few hour for, anything like that. Maybe rent bikes and ride across the golden gate bridge (don't know if possible or legal) however just stuff like that that we must include on the itinerary.

I want these fuckers to think I know how to hook up a vacation.

For real, I hate going to places I've never been and eating out at various restaurants then leaving and thinking "wow, those were decent restaurants".

I know alkatraz is there so it that's a "must see" include that bitch!

Thanks.

Alcatraz is cool

Mitchell Brothers' Farrell St. Theater is awesome if you can ditch the wife and kids Phone Post

You can rent bikes and ride across the GGB,cruise the marina as well.Good way to kill some time,and interesting as well.

Take in a Giants game!
Get bleacher seats,park is awesome!
Garlic fries and a ChaCha bowl.

Enjoy! Phone Post 3.0

Coit tower, fisherman's wharf, Chrissy Field, ghiradelli square, Powell street/union square, city hall, the painted ladies, Lombard street, china town, Marin headlands, Muir woods, Golden Gate Bridge, golden gate park, city hall, check out the old arcade museum around pier 40 I think. Phone Post 3.0

Check out Amoeba for all your music needs. Phone Post 3.0

Are you getting a rental car? Let me know when you're in town. I can tell you how to piece it together to hit the best spots. Phone Post 3.0

Check out Amoeba for all your music needs. Phone Post 3.0

Attached to the Holiday Inn at Fishermans wharf is an electric bike rental place called Plugz... they are like $10 and hour and tons of fun to take across the golden gate bridge and back. At the bottom of the bike is a small connected cable; its the speed governor: unplug it and you can now go 20+ mph... the owner is cool and will do it for you if you ask. Phone Post

Power Exchange
220 Jones St, San Francisco, CA 94102

great place to get to know san francisco.good ambiance,lots of different culture.good for bonding time.

Ride bikes over bridge is very popular, and as core nobody suggested it is good to take in the marina as well. I think the usual route is get the bikes in north beach and ride through the marina along the water to the bridge. You might be able to keep going and drop the bikes in Sausalito and take the ferry back. Not sure but worth checking, the rental company every body seems to use is 'blazing saddles'.

Alcatraz is a big hit but always busy so reserve spots before you come to town, like ASAP. Leave time before and/or after the tour to hang around fishermans wharf, touristy but fun and some great crab places.

Giants game is a great call if you even kind if like baseball. Phone Post 3.0

Need more info how much are you willing to spend will you have transportation Phone Post 3.0

EKPOGI - Power Exchange

great place to get to know san francisco.good ambiance,lots of different culture.good for bonding time.
Didn't that place close down? Phone Post 3.0

Go to 24th st and go to Giodanos (sp?) and get their bomb ass sandwiches Phone Post

Academy of science. Great for families. Phone Post

Also go to the Exploratorium Phone Post

Depending on the time of year, go whale watching or get In a cage to see great white sharks Phone Post 3.0

Pilot201 - Coit tower, fisherman's wharf, Chrissy Field, ghiradelli square, Powell street/union square, city hall, the painted ladies, Lombard street, china town, Marin headlands, Muir woods, Golden Gate Bridge, golden gate park, city hall, check out the old arcade museum around pier 40 I think. Phone Post 3.0

Pretty much covers it. I went to alcatraz last month and the self fixed audio tour included in the ticket price is definitely worth it. Phone Post

Planet granite in the marina right under the Golden Gate Bridge. When are you coming to SF? The San Mateo county fair is going on right now. Take the kids to Great America (theme park). Phone Post 3.0

Go to the new exploratorium Phone Post

EKPOGI - Power Exchange

Um yeah definitely this place. Oh and hang around the tenderloin as late as possible and preferably drunk, it'll be interesting trust me. Phone Post 3.0