Sanchez Good Opponent for Cro-Cop

This is actually a pretty good choice. Eddie is undefeated at 7-0 and all 7 were by KO or submission, no decisions. They can bill it as an undefeated up and comer who comes to bang against one of the top guys outside the UFC who's making his UFC debut. They surely want Mirko to win this one and this will be a good bout to showcase his skills. Makes pretty good sense from a business standpoint and will be fun for the fans.

i agree 100%, and therefore award you a "TTT."

I'm not a fan of blatant mismatches. And feeding a talented, but raw prospect to one of the most dangerous guys in the sport seems fairly stupid to me.

"I'm not a fan of blatant mismatches."

I hear you but it might actually be good for Eddie. He can see wher he stands against the best and if he loses then being 7-1 with his only loss to Mirko won't affect his future much. If he puts on a good showing while losing his stock could actually go up. I like Sanchez and think this is an opportunity for him.

Well said CRE.

I'm almost willing to give CREtard props for his post...

Like I said....ALMOST...

=)

"I hear you but it might actually be good for Eddie. He can see wher he stands against the best and if he loses then being 7-1 with his only loss to Mirko won't affect his future much. If he puts on a good showing while losing his stock could actually go up. I like Sanchez and think this is an opportunity for him."

How could this possibly be good for Eddie Sanchez? I admire the fact that he was willing to step up, but it should not be allowed to happen. A far better oppurtunity for him would be against Kongo or Hardonk. He might actually learn something about his abilities (win or lose).

Getting KO'd by Cro Cop will accomplish nothing except to ruin his confidence and possibly sideline him with injuries for the next few months.

I personally would have rather they matched Cro Cop up with someone like Dan Christison (a decent journeyman who is about as prepared for Cro Cop as he's ever going to get).

Waste of time. The mainstream fan is not going to think he is the best and deserves a shot by dismantling some guy they never heard of

Crocops first fight should be Arlovski. Then against the title holder

Similar to how Anderson went through Leben and then got his shot

"Wrong, I thoroughly enjoyed the Leben vs A.Silva fight.. Specially after Leben's HILARIOUS prefight interview. First fight I was actually laughing from the prefight interview until the next fight started. My chest actually hurt afterwards from laughing so hard.
Now that's entertainment, no matter how you slice it.."

So you agree with Diego stole my name?

Not a good choice.

They at least put Anderson against someone who was being touted as just a bit from a title shot, not an inexperianced debut fighter. Not to take away from Sanchez, he has my big time respect and it is a GREAT oppertunity for him. I just think the UFC should have given CC someone with some experiance....oh yeah this is heavywt....the logical (for Zuffa) choice would have been to hold onto Monson and drag him thru the ringer before throwing him away.

What real fighter wouldn't take the opportunity to fight one of the greatest of our time? I hope he trains his hardest for having such an awesome opportunity. If he loses fashionably he will DEFINATELY get another shot in the UFC. If he actually beats him, he will be an instant legend on here. Look at Lauzon.

Everybody loves an underdog story.

WTF? I think Diego vs Cro Cop is a very bad match up.

Okay, I'm just F'ing joking here.